Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
fess up How many of you have a garden gnome? >

fess up How many of you have a garden gnome?

fess up How many of you have a garden gnome?

Old 03-20-2011, 01:35 PM

I have a goose which I dress for everything ... she lights up too ... my neighbors hate it and do not "fluff" their opinions ... soooooooo the costumes get more ornate and the light goes on. ;-) Should mention they have no problem asking me to quilt for them ... love my quilting, love my goose!
Old 03-20-2011, 02:13 PM

No to the gnome, although I have thought about getting one. My garden is full of fairies and I do have a vintage set of the Dutch boy and girl.
Old 03-20-2011, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Hosta
or one of those dress up geese I have a hand sculpted copper angel that I just love I bought it about 13 years ago and it still looks good. Do you dress up your goose?
I have 2 geese but not dressed up which were given to me as a present and I also have a lot of gnomes.
Old 03-20-2011, 03:28 PM

Yes, I have one. He's about 3" tall and he pals around with the 'fake' squirel that is by the bird bath.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:42 PM

I have a three foot angel and a 3 foot Gargoyle. I will have to post pictures one day.
Old 03-20-2011, 05:04 PM

No gnome but want one. I have a couple planter swans..never thought of dressing them up though...
but you have given me ideas here.....gnome, geese, clothes..yep sounds good.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:12 PM

LOL I have garden pigs !LOL my pigs are dressed up for all seasons !! then the other little pigs that watch the garden love it (secretly they make fun of their silly outfits that the crazy owner sews for them !LOL)BUT the garden gnome is the boss of em all and he lets em know ! I have had gnome since 1998 and he has always had a place in my garden, used to DH Grandmother's and when she passed I was then the keeper of the gnome. Grandmother had the gnome for at least 20 years, so that is why he is the boss !LOL
Old 03-20-2011, 06:15 PM

Oh i love the gnomes, I have them peeking around trees and under bushes, they are so cute, remember the trolls use to be the rage, i have a bunch in my house, they scare everyone but me.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:17 PM

I have 7 gnomes. They each have different gardening tools. How else would my flowers get to be so pretty? I don't have time to fuss over them, I need time to sew!
Old 03-20-2011, 06:44 PM

Yep, I got it all! Gnome, 2 bears carved out of a log and a 6' tall eagle carved from a log by my son. Also 2 buzzards sitting on the porch rail. They get new hats and scarves to match the season. Concrete cactus with a buzzard. Two geese an lots of little critters plus peacocks statues and stepping stones. Can't forget my rocks. I am a rock hound and whenever I go anywhere I pick up a rock so have a good variety. Helps with all my flower beds. I have a gnome that travels in our RV with us.