Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
"Your Going to Ride your Bicycle Where??????" >

"Your Going to Ride your Bicycle Where??????"

"Your Going to Ride your Bicycle Where??????"

Old 06-15-2011, 02:16 PM

You mean a B*i*c*y*c*l*e ???? OR an motorcyle???
Better start practicing now to gear up your muscle for
this long/enduring/weather permitting/crazy drivers that you have to put up with! Whew....20 miles is one thing but that's
an long, long, long cycling to do. But i wish you luck/prayer
for a safe journey and have a nice visit at the indy! Better yet...hope someone on the board will gladly put u up for the
nite and be nice to feed you a meal !! Come on, friends...let's help Billy out! Im in Fla so can't help there. 8-)
Old 06-15-2011, 02:16 PM

We frequently have night rides on our trail. I'm not a night ride person, but everyone has fun. I'm with you on the heat. I just fade once it gets above 85.

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by grammyp
Awesome! Many tracks will allow cyclists to ride them, and a lot of rides begin or end on NASCAR tracks.

DH wants us to do a multi day tour, and Land Between the Lakes is one place he wants to camp and do some trail riding. One day he wants to ride across America, but not sure I'm up for that much. We do have a little trailer we can use, but don't think he would let me put a machine in it.

Have fun!
Have a great time and post pictures when you can.
I have a 29er I would love to hit the trails with up there but I guess in the mean time I will keep riding them down here. A 25+ mile ride on the mountain bike trails every other day will get you in shape really quick! Since I can not get hot and be in the sun I mounted a pair of 9 LED headlights to my mountain bike and have been riding the trails with a friend of mine at night. Its more fun in the dark than it is when it is light out.

Billy
Old 06-15-2011, 02:47 PM

Have fun on your trip and stay safe!
Old 06-15-2011, 02:58 PM
Banned

Oh I am taking my laptop for sure along with a camera, a couple change of clothes and toiletries. So far I am trying to map out a way to go that I will be on a few back roads and can hopefully hit some small town flea markets and stores. I will be sure to post everyday and let you know who I am with and where I am on the trip. I am wanting to go ride to Bolivar so badly I can taste it to see how a almost century ride will feel like and get an idea of the time it will take. But I cant for a couple of weeks until the doc turns me loose. :(

Billy
Old 06-15-2011, 03:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by nwm50
You mean a B*i*c*y*c*l*e ???? OR an motorcyle???
Better start practicing now to gear up your muscle for
this long/enduring/weather permitting/crazy drivers that you have to put up with! Whew....20 miles is one thing but that's
an long, long, long cycling to do. But i wish you luck/prayer
for a safe journey and have a nice visit at the indy! Better yet...hope someone on the board will gladly put u up for the
nite and be nice to feed you a meal !! Come on, friends...let's help Billy out! Im in Fla so can't help there. 8-)
Yes I am almost certifiable!! :lol:

Hey I might ride down there before it is over with, I need to get some mileage behind me before I do the East/West coast ride in April. Up until I got tied up with damage repairs and snake bit I was putting in 20+ mile rides daily. But I will have to build back up since I have a lull going on here.

Billy
Old 06-15-2011, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51

But I am going to wear a helmet and the stupid biker shorts :lol:

Billy
We want a PICTURE of this!!! LOL!!!
Old 06-15-2011, 03:32 PM

Wow have a safe trip!! You may not be able to bring old sewing machines home - but I don't see why you couldn't ship them home.
Old 06-15-2011, 03:56 PM

Billy, if your east-west trip takes you thru finger lakes, upstate NY, you and your biking buddies are welcome to stay here next spring.
My two sons are bikers. Older one lives in Spain and did part of the french alps tour route with his local bike club. I always laugh when I see him in his biking getup--from the clunking shoes to the too -tight stretch pants and funny tailed shirt, and the babushka. And he told me he :) shaves his legs....for less wind resistance...aaaaaaauuuuuugggggghhhhh.. who would have thought?
Have a safe trip! (Oh to be young again!)
Old 06-15-2011, 05:49 PM

Oh my!!! Although a part of me says"good for him" I think I will kill my hubs if he ever suggested an idea like that. And we have real good bikes and ride a lot. Have fun but be safe.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:13 PM

Have fun Billy and be safe. My hubby would love to do something like this. He works too much. If you were anywhere near central Illinois, we would put you up. Take care.