Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Tutorials
When doing tutorials >

When doing tutorials

When doing tutorials

Old 07-03-2011, 03:29 AM

I'm not sure how you are doing this but I have Win 7 and don't have any problems copying and pasting; that is what I do with the tuts here on this board.
Old 07-03-2011, 03:32 AM

You can just do a save as and also convert things to a pdf; this is what I do all the time. Especially if there are photos because they show up the color better when I save them on my color nook
Old 07-03-2011, 04:28 AM
KR

Originally Posted by craftybear
wonder if you can convert them to pdf files?
Here is a free program to convert any document to a .pdf file..... www.pdf995.com.

Once installed, it will show up as another Printer in your Print options. To convert your file, select Print and then select PDF995. Give the file a name and select where you want to save it.

Karen
Old 07-03-2011, 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by fabric_fancy
this is a forum of beginners to advanced quilters and tutorials are prepared so that beginners to advanced people can follow the directions.

that typically means many more photos and text then if they were prepared for advanced people only.

i personally appreciate the tutes and the time it takes for them to be put together regardless of how lengthy they are.
As do I! Thank you to all who put their time and effort into helping others with tutes!
Old 07-03-2011, 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by KR
Originally Posted by craftybear
wonder if you can convert them to pdf files?
Here is a free program to convert any document to a .pdf file..... www.pdf995.com.

Once installed, it will show up as another Printer in your Print options. To convert your file, select Print and then select PDF995. Give the file a name and select where you want to save it.

Karen
You can do this w/office; just do a save as and chose pdf as the file format; you don't need a special program. I'd rather save my harddrive space for things that I need
Old 07-29-2011, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by amma
Some tutorials are lengthier than others :D depending on what is being taught, and at what level. :D:D:D

Maybe you can copy and paste the longer ones to a word document and cut out the parts you don't need? Then the printing would be customized to your needs/wants :D:D:D

I know many here really like and appreciate some of the more detailed tutorials, and would hate to see them shorten them up :wink: :D:D:D
Absolutely!! :thumbup: and thanks to you so much for great tutes!