Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Worlds Largest Yard Sale.....Who went this year??? >

Worlds Largest Yard Sale.....Who went this year???

Worlds Largest Yard Sale.....Who went this year???

Old 10-10-2011, 12:38 PM

We went to one several years ago called the Worlds Longest Yard Sale. It was 450 miles long. Started in AL and ended 450 miles later. :lol: Actually we went twice. This was about 15 years ago and the problems we found was that food and bathrooms were very scarce. We bought a great antique rocking chair that felt like the bottom had been grooved for my bottom. :lol: It was alot of fun.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:22 PM

Billy, glad you had a great time and happy that you are feelilng better.

Lucy
Old 10-10-2011, 02:32 PM

I have always wanted to do this but seem to find out about it after the event. Do you know the dates for it for next year?
Old 10-10-2011, 02:43 PM

Sounds like you had fun and got lots of goodies. Wish I could go, the economy needs a good boost. LOL
Old 10-10-2011, 03:03 PM

My sister passed away and she had lots of older machines, one is pre-1900. I don't know if her husband sold it or not, but I can ask him, see how much he wants for it. I wasn't familiar with the brand, W-----? She also had some feather-weights, but may have sold them. I'll ask if you want me to. Are you in TN?
Old 10-10-2011, 03:06 PM

Anybody got a bus? perferably one with the toidy in the back and cooler in the front? For TEA!
Old 10-10-2011, 03:29 PM
Power Poster

Glad you got to go Billy. I've seen it on TV, and it looked like a blast. I know my girl friend and her sister used to go every year if possible, but her husband is ill with an inoperable brain tumor and can't be left alone. It's a real shame as he's a young man.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:25 PM

Sounds like a blast. So glad to hear you were feeling well enough to go Billy. Sounds like it was heaven for you.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:47 PM

Hello William! I am overjoyed to see that you are feeling more like your old self. We sure missed that old self for awhile but we knew it couldn't be helped. Very grateful that you posted when you were able. Some of your symptoms had me almost crying. Love to hear you both got to go to the yard sale. ( that's a pretty big yard! he he he)
Old 10-10-2011, 06:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Pins n' Ndls
Hello William! I am overjoyed to see that you are feeling more like your old self. We sure missed that old self for awhile but we knew it couldn't be helped. Very grateful that you posted when you were able. Some of your symptoms had me almost crying. Love to hear you both got to go to the yard sale. ( that's a pretty big yard! he he he)
Loraine that is a huge yard and I am glad I do not have to cut it!!! :lol: :lol:

Yes I am doing better although I do have a few lesions not wanting to heal and they have me bothered but other than that I am good. Tired a lot of the times but I am good by far!

You know there is know reason why we couldnt get a group together to go hit the sale next year. just plan on an area to meet and we can go from there. I will have a truck and trailer so its not like we cant pack that sucker tight!!

Billy