Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Electric Quilt - have you used it? >
  • Electric Quilt - have you used it?

• Electric Quilt - have you used it?

Old 10-23-2011, 06:54 AM

Thank you for the link... checking it out...
    Originally Posted by MTS
    Originally Posted by dahlshouse
    Just haven't figured out how to put a panel in ... so just block out the number of squares needed for it..
    You could do it as a Medallion quilt but I prefer to set the quilt layout to 1x1 block with the block the same dimensions as the panel.
    Then I make the rest of the quilt top by adding borders - sometimes just the sides, sometimes just the top/bottom - whatever I need/want to fill it up.

Like here:
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-160756-1.htm#4471775
    Scroll down for the EQ drawing.
    You can see the sketch the op made at the top of the thread.
    Old 09-27-2012, 06:04 PM

I heard that one can change what prints before it prints, like move items around on screen etc? So one can add more than one item on a page to conserve paper etc? In particular in paper piecing.

also that its easy to import patterns from many designers, so make sit easy to print out for paper piecing?
    Old 09-27-2012, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by btiny36
    But I also like to quilt so I need to smartin up and find some balance between being on the board, eq program and quilting...hehehehe
    Good Luck with that LOL
    Old 09-27-2012, 10:37 PM

I have eq7 and like it quite a bit. It's a powerful piece of software and I'm sure I've barely scratched the surface of what it can do.

I "doodle" quilts and blocks on graph paper, then re-draw the better ones in EQ so I can easily play with color, rotate blocks, etc. I think I'm still more creative on graph paper, but it's so nice to be able to change the whole color scheme of a quilt with just a few clicks, rather than re-drawing and re-coloring a paper drawing.
    Old 09-27-2012, 11:36 PM
    QM
    Power Poster

I was given EQ6 from a friend who died. I had wanted to try it. After a week of serious study, I gave up on it and have returned to QuiltPro. I really dislike EQ. I feel that it is a poorly designed program, although better than earlier versions. How often would you use the capability of creating your own acrillic templates? Standard shapes are already available. I make my own templates from time to time, generally from "dead" X-ray film, not as good, but definitely cheaper.
    Old 09-28-2012, 12:32 AM

Have EQ7 and positively love it. Major reason - able to scan in own fabric and then use it in the blocks which allows a colour retard like me to be able to combine and see how it will all look. Love it for that reason, also love the ability to import embroidery into blocks, draw my own appliqué designs - not always very good, but it is a forgiving pattern. I found that by playing around with the program you soon learnt what you wanted to know at the time. I am a very, very basic user - often just use one of the blocks already designed and put my own fabrics into it. Yeah it does take a bit of learning, but just learn what you need to know each time you go into the program - don't try and conquer everything at once. In my humble opinion it is very much worth the price.
    Old 09-28-2012, 10:22 AM

I started with EQ4 and have continually upgraded to EQ7. I don't use it as much as I would like. However, I am a computer programmer and I sit at the computer all day. So the last thing I want to do when I get home is to set at a computer again. However, I am proficient enought to create quilt layouts and make/adjust blocks already in the block library to create a quilt design. I have not mastered drawing (applique) nor have I yet mastered a quilt design with non-standard blocks (i.e. multiple blocks with different sizes). I find that the fabric calculation is not always accurate (at least in the older versions) but I can calculate yardage on my own. I like having it and enjoy having the quilt design as I work on the quilt.
    Old 09-28-2012, 11:26 AM

Anyone use this software on a touchscreen PC?
    Old 09-28-2012, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by LuvCreams
    Anyone use this software on a touchscreen PC?
    . Well, we ended up ordering a HP touchsmart All in one PC that I can't wait to try out EQ7 on!!
    Old 09-28-2012, 08:46 PM

For those who don't use your EQ7, PM me!