Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
“Crazy Quilt” in progress!  Please don’t laugh and hurt yourself!!! >

“Crazy Quilt” in progress! Please don’t laugh and hurt yourself!!!

“Crazy Quilt” in progress! Please don’t laugh and hurt yourself!!!

Old 04-05-2009, 02:52 PM

I really like the way your quilt turned out
Old 04-05-2009, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by cassie69emt
I really like the way your quilt turned out
Old 04-05-2009, 04:36 PM
Power Poster

I'd say you are enjoying what you are doing, your staying off your knee, using up scraps, 'donated' to you, and you got yourself a nice couch throw. How productive you have been, and a with a bum knee, good for you, mk!!! :D
Old 04-05-2009, 04:41 PM

It's so pretty! I see my silly dog fabric in there! So happy you were able to create something beautiful. I love scrap/crazy quilts!
Old 04-05-2009, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
I'd say you are enjoying what you are doing, your staying off your knee, using up scraps, 'donated' to you, and you got yourself a nice couch throw. How productive you have been, and a with a bum knee, good for you, mk!!! :D
It has kept me from being so down, that is for sure! I had to have something to take my mind off the pain. This is the best thing I could find to do with my time! Nothing to have to tinker with, just place them and see what it becomes! :lol:
Old 04-05-2009, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Chele
It's so pretty! I see my silly dog fabric in there! So happy you were able to create something beautiful. I love scrap/crazy quilts!
I enjoyed it very much and will be using a lot of the different pieces. Got several more squares to go!!! :roll:
Old 04-05-2009, 08:12 PM

That looks great. What a super way to learn to work with your machine's decorative stitches.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:29 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by mkanderson
Originally Posted by Bevanger
Originally Posted by Grandma Cindy
How is the supply of scraps going, do you need any more? Keep that knee moving, do you have a CPM machine that exercises it for you? Best of returning health, Cindy
my knee is still hurting so went to dr thursday. i have nerve damage on my knee cap area but he feels in time it'll heal. i just gotta take it easy. ok is sewing considered taking it easy?Its just hard to walk cuz my knee hurts and is numb. lol scraps? who me? girl i can ALWAYS use more...
Bev take care of that knee----Don’t want to see you were I have been or where I am now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had surgery first on the knee…didn’t work, then total knee replacement. It set up scar tissue and they put me to sleep and bent the leg at the knee and broke loose the scar tissue. They have me going to therapy every day and it is getting some better but I still have horrible pain in the leg and foot due to the bending it to break it loose!!

It is getting some better and Grandma Cindy I did have the CPM machine until the insurance wouldn’t pay anymore on it. Without it I would not be where I am today that’s for sure!!!!
Thanks hun. I'm doing the very best I can. I have a knee brace And using my cane, so I hope that helps
Old 04-06-2009, 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by GailG
That looks great. What a super way to learn to work with your machine's decorative stitches.
I have had this machine for a few years and was not sure of how many they have on here for the stitches! IT says 50 different o nes! It is fun! I just need to "slow" down and keep it on the material edge better!!! :oops:
Old 04-06-2009, 05:32 AM
Power Poster

Your quilt is coming along great! I need to do something similar to learn all the stitches on my machine also. I love the crazy quilt and the fact that you can do whatever you want and its just fine! I bet if you put this one away for just a little bit, you wouldn't even be able to find any mistakes..so when you finish it up...send it to me for awhile :wink: I'll send it back to you ...promise... :-o