Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • In love with accuquilt go >
  • In love with accuquilt go

• In love with accuquilt go

Old 04-16-2013, 09:15 PM

I am thinking of getting one to. So glad you like yours. Keep on quilting...
    Old 04-17-2013, 04:42 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by quilter in the making
    Okay all, so help me figure out what I'm doing wrong with mine. My husband encouraged me to buy it when they first became available and I have hardly used it. I can't seem to get anything to work right when I use it. My strips all come out with the V in the middle, the ends aren't even cut apart, the fabric wrinkles when it goes through the roller so that the strips end up crooked. I've tried cutting one layer of fabric up to four layers of fabric and have yet to get a straight 2 1/2 inch strip out of it yet. I bought it because my strips are always wonky when I cut them thinking this would help and in truth, my strips are even worse with the Accuquilt. What helps can you suggest for me?

There are many excellent videos how to use the Go strip dies on youtube. I cut paper with the dies first to be sure I know how to position to get the cut. On thing I do is mark 1/4" around each blade with a Shapie. I know if the fabric is on the mark I am covering the blade. The mats last me a long time. Don't use the same mat with the same die. I switch mine up. If one die is cracked or worn cut it and use the good part to cover another die shape. The whole did does not have to be covered, just the shape you want to cut.