Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Is it bad? >

Is it bad?

Is it bad?

Old 12-16-2013, 05:52 AM

I know, I know. I've only got a couple more fabric boxes to make and then I'm done with Christmas gifts. I've been working on a couple quilts for a while now. One is Cathedral by Villa Rosa using batiks. And the other is Around the Corner lap quilt by Anka's Treasures using Winter's Lane by Kate & Birdie for Moda. Cathedral is all pieced and now I'm just sewing blocks together. I think I will use varigated thread and meander quilt it. Around the Corner top is finished....just need to buy the backing fabric and I will be doing a meandering design on that one also.

I have a small Brother DSM and if it's not SITD, then I do a meandering stitch as these are the only two I can manage on my machine....and keep my sanity. I wanted a Sweet 16 sit-down, or something similar for Christmas, but DH is not into spending that kind of cash without some sort of a 'return on investment', like he wants me to sew quilts for money to pay the machine off. I won't do that, so I'm just going to plug along on my DSM and quilt the small quilts I know I can do onl my own.

I have several other projects in process as well but these two are the ones closest to completion.

I finished a Jake and the Neverland pirates quilt for my DGS for Christmas....it turned out cute I think.
Attached Thumbnails cooper1.jpg