Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Has Anyone Noticed How Expensive Quilt Show Admissions Have Gotten? >

Has Anyone Noticed How Expensive Quilt Show Admissions Have Gotten?

Has Anyone Noticed How Expensive Quilt Show Admissions Have Gotten?

Old 06-30-2014, 09:50 AM
Banned

omigosh!

I *live* here in Castle Rock and didn't know this was coming here.

I assume it's being held at the events center at our fairgrounds.

Thanks for the heads up!

Sally

ETA: Sorry... didn't quote properly! This was in reference to the sewing show happening in Castle Rock in July.

Last edited by RipStitcher; 06-30-2014 at 09:54 AM.
Old 06-30-2014, 10:02 AM

Geri B. Where are you located? I personally would love to take a bus to a show. A friend and I drove a total of almost 3 hours to catch a bus of quilters in Springfield and then went to Ky, for the big show. We had a great time. It was for one day and we were more than a little tired but it was worth it! Do let us (the board) know when you may be planning the next trip. I bet you can fill that bus. The group from Springfield had only about 1/3 of the bus the rest of us was from many surrounding areas, some more than a three hour drive. P.S. We did stay in hotel in Springfield the prior night of the trip and again when we got back. Both of us are slightly disabled and we knew we would be safer rested before driving. Splitting the cost of the hotel helped the ole pocketbook.
Old 07-12-2014, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingHaven View Post
Okay....sigh...when I told the hubby that I wasn't sure about going to the quilt show in Columbus this year. He solemnly looked at me, added up the gasoline cost, the parking cost, the admission fee, the time to drive to/from, the of lunch for two and quietly handed me $75.00, smiled and told me to go shopping at the local quilt store which was having a great sale at 50% off and buy all the material I could for the money. So....I did. We will go next year if possible.
YES! That was one of the reasons we didn't go this year, that and the date change. Wasn't it $10 for the last two years? I love the Columbus show too.
Sigh, the Dayton show isn't until October.

ETA: After reading some of the thread I feel like I should mention that I go large quilt shows to shop. Looking at the quilts are a bonus and I don't take any classes. Paying Gas + Parking + Admission for the opportunity to shop just isn't my thing.

Last edited by amcatanzaro; 07-12-2014 at 04:54 PM.
Old 07-12-2014, 06:53 PM
Power Poster

If you love quilts and quilting you are really missing out by not going to a quilt show when you can. I know one day I'll not be able to go and do, so I'm not going to be left sitting in a chair thinking I sure wish I did when I could have. I'm not going to let a few dollars more stop me.
Old 07-13-2014, 05:12 AM

You need to put it in perspective. It is entertainment. Someone mentioned the cost of a sporting event, or a movie. What is the cost of a concert? If you compare the cost for entering a quilt show compared to other forms of entertainment, it is pretty cheap.