Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes July 31st >

August 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes July 31st

August 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes July 31st

Old 07-27-2014, 07:27 AM
Power Poster

Welcome to all the new ladies. Sis I only make pint sized jars ,bigger size takes too long for Don and I to eat now that the kids are gone.Love your redwork and you BOM is turning out great. Lynnie is like you, she gets a lot done quickly.lol. Have a wonderful sunday everybody. Hugs Mary p.s. Karen how many signed up now?
Old 07-27-2014, 07:42 AM

We have 10 so far signed up including me. I'm hoping to get more. Everyone please pass the word!
Old 07-27-2014, 09:20 AM
Power Poster

I've been inviting people, but no one seems to answer me back. oh well.
A florida snowman, now I'm down for that!
Old 07-27-2014, 10:08 AM

I think the chicken theme is putting people off. But, I know that next month's purple theme will bring in a lot more.
Old 07-27-2014, 11:57 AM

I love the redwork. I know I've made some snowmen blocks but they are someplace and I just found my Redwork "Winter Twitterings" book. I also found the pic of my redwork tea pot wallhanging. Your towels are really nice.
Another humid day here. I had thunderstorms last night and I'm sure they are coming tonight as tomorrow will be 70. Crazy weather.
Attached Thumbnails 003.jpg  
Old 07-27-2014, 01:14 PM

Pat, love your redwork. Really pretty!
Old 07-27-2014, 01:49 PM
Power Poster

Pat more beautiful redwork. I have got to practice more, because I love love embroidery, but mine isn't pretty like what you girls do. Pat is most of your redwork you show done with an outline stitch? Do you have a good online link to suggest? I have some already, but need to go back and practice some more. I get too laid back in my comfy chair just doing it at my leisure. lol..

We are under lots of storm warnings right now. I hope that at least means it will cool off for tomorrow, because I have to take my dad some places.
Old 07-27-2014, 01:54 PM
Power Poster

Pat cute wall hanging. I'm all for the florida snowman. Sounds cute. I don't understand the problem with aug chicken theme. I've seen dozens of chicken fabrics around.check out the fat quarters at say JoAnns or online even on ebay maybe, Your pin cushion doesn't have to be a chicken shape. You could even do a redwork of a chicken and make a pincushion with that. Maybe we should add another theme with this one or a set of colors for aug. to make more choices for everyone. Maybe farm themed? I for one love that.
Old 07-27-2014, 03:17 PM

Sis, You'll never guess what I am making for my ornaments this year??? I am making SNOWMAN angels LOL Lynnie you are so much fun... I really need to catch up on some emails, haven't written any in a week, had a bad week but it's better now...Been using you all as my Therapy...
Old 07-27-2014, 04:21 PM
Power Poster

Pat, beautiful red work.
I love the chicken theme. Like someone said, they can make it out of chicken fabric, so i see no problem with the theme.
I'm up for any type of challenge, so I'm good. Just still a bit stuck on November, but i have time.
I sent out emb cards about 13 yrs ago with a southern santa with a cocktail in his hand and sunglasses with a bathing suit, it read, have a cool yule.
Once I merged a bunch of designs, and earth with a banner thru it. two peas in a pod on top and letters saying peas on earth. some people didn't get it. oh well. some people just need to know when to laugh.
finished my magnets for Aug and sept, just need to mail my pkgs out to YOU!!! Don't expect any candy, I filled the boxes with the pincushion,fancy beaded pins, a magnet and a dish cloth, so i hope you all like what i got you. Off to loo for ideas for November. Have a great night all, it's supposed to storm here, with hail too. off to make a peanutbuttr chocolate sundae. I'll think of you all when i'm eating it....NOT!!!!!