Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Dear Jane >

Dear Jane

Dear Jane

Old 04-16-2010, 07:36 PM

Ok, this isn't right, I'm getting Dear Jane fever! Like I don't already have enough projects lined up that I want to do. Is there a book to do a complete Dear Jane by paper piecing? That's probably the only way I'd attempt to tackle it. Your quilt is beautiful and inspiring!
Old 04-16-2010, 07:37 PM
Gal

Wow, amazing, what a master piece, I LOVE it, you have given me inspiration on how to use up some of my smaller odd pieces of fabric in that each design could be of a different block and a different fabric, thankyou for sharing, and showing the rest of us what we should be aspiring to!!

Gal
Old 04-17-2010, 05:12 AM

one word WOW
Old 04-17-2010, 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by Lisa
Ok, this isn't right, I'm getting Dear Jane fever! Like I don't already have enough projects lined up that I want to do. Is there a book to do a complete Dear Jane by paper piecing? That's probably the only way I'd attempt to tackle it. Your quilt is beautiful and inspiring!
Lisa, there is EQ software that has a good portion of it by paper piecing but other techniques are used throughout the quilt. You can get the book and draft them to paper piecing but it does not come with traditional patterns, just outlines of the blocks. It's up to you how to tackle each one.
Old 04-17-2010, 05:49 AM
Power Poster

OH wow.....you did an amazing job on her! Such a great inspiration to be to head back to my room to do more blocks....Thanks for sharing!

I'm really curious of your quilting plan...can you share your thoughts on that?
Old 04-17-2010, 05:49 AM

That's amazing. I love the DJ's and maybe someday I'll attempt to do one.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:29 AM

I am going to have my Dear Jane machine quilted by another person. This quilt is heavy in itself because of the 269 blocks at 4". Then you have all the triangles. I am afraid that with time and perhaps usage in the future that hand quilting will not last a long time. My family wants this one to stay in the family, and so with future usage I have chosen machine quilting on a long arm by someone. Thanks for all the comments and those who are doing DJ I will be glad to answer your questions and help you.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:30 AM
Power Poster

Thanks for getting back to me about the quiltting. Is the other person going to QID or do some other type of quilting. I'm really trying to figure out what to do with mine when I finish it...so thats why I'm asking....I'm curious of what others do with theirs.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:36 AM

No QID. I have decided on a all over quilting that has loops somewhat like a fancy S. I plan on using scallops to bind the quilt in the same fabric has the background.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:44 AM

I think your DJ Quilt is really beautiful! Wonderful job on your part!I love all the CW Repos you have used.

I finished piecing mine probably abt 5 years ago. Left it alone for a long time but I am in the process of hand quilting it now. I hand pieced mine so I am hand quilting it.
There were not all of those wonderful CW Repos out when I began mine, they were few & far between. But I still love mine anyway!:)
I probably learned more on this quilt than any I have made since or before.

WONDERFUL job on yours!