Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Mini Irons >

Mini Irons

Mini Irons

Old 04-26-2010, 02:50 AM

Thanks, I might have to get one! I like that it does not have a handle that will burn you like the Clover.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:35 AM

I have the mini Clover and love it.

No steam holes on the bottom to make that bubble on your applique.

Great for applique projects.

I have one also shaped like a heart, that one I do not care for because it does not cover enough surface to meet my applique needs, but do like the "mini".
Old 04-26-2010, 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by Tippy
I haven't tried that one.. but I just got a mini craft iron today for my birthday.. can't wait to try it out!!
well Happy Birthday, a little late.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:35 AM

I have a pink one. I tried to sell it on e-bay. No one was interested. I don't use it. Opened it tried. there is no way to adjust the temp on it so I was not satisfied with it. Let me know if anyone would be interested in one?
Old 04-26-2010, 04:56 AM

I have the mini-iron and purchased it for applique. It works fine and didn't wrinkle the small pieces like my big iron did. It obviously doesn't have steam but does get very hot. I wouldn't buy it without a Joann's coupon though. Also Michaels has them and also has 40-50% off coupons almost every week in our local paper.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:11 AM

I have one that I use for reverse applique. I also have the burn marks on my hand from grabbing it by the long rod instead of the handle. You'd think I'd learn after the first few burns but not me :-(
Old 04-26-2010, 06:23 AM

I bought the same cute little iron with the 50% coupon and I love it......gets very hot. Also, I have the Clover mini and I don't think mine gets as hot as the little cheapie....I don't care for the Clover.
Originally Posted by sewcrafty
I'm pretty cheap!! I had the clover in my basket at JoAnn's and when I was passing the iron isle, I saw the cutest little iron that was pink for 9.99 & I had a 50% off coupon!!! Brought home the little pink one. Too cute for words!!! Brings me a smile just thinking about it.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:39 AM

Clover irons are good BUT BE VERY CAREFUL. The one I have has the heating element exposed. VERY DANGEROUS. Wasn't paying attention and my finger touched the heating element. Once of the worse burns I have EVER received (third degree). My fault but I won't use it again because of this.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:24 AM

I have a clover mini iron & love it.
The only thing I don't like is the little stand that comes with it. So I use a big coffee mug to sit it in when I am not pressing & when I shut it off to cool down. Works like a dream..and no risk of burning anything; espically me.

Never heard of it only being on for 10 minutes. I have had mine on for a couple hours before & still working like a charm after 5 years.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:50 PM

i bought the clover with the coupon at joanns thinking it would be handy for small jobs, but even though i burned my hand on the hot rod part, i felt like the triangular plate didn't get hot enough to make a good press. did i not wait long enough or something? also, how would it work with a spray of water? or is that an absolute no-no?