Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Puppy help......what kind to get >
  • Puppy help......what kind to get

• Puppy help......what kind to get

Old 05-20-2010, 05:22 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by CajunQuilter2
    OH peach how sweet is that precious puppy!!!! Awww, puppy kisses and puppy breath, nothing sweeter..............
    Best of luck. Picked a name yet???
    No name yet Joyce was thinking Daisy but since we haven't met the cutie yet Joyce said we will see what her personality is and then she will decide on a name. Gwyn from the board said Emma Louise. Anyone else have a suggestion for a name????????
    Old 05-20-2010, 05:24 PM

Location: Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    Originally Posted by CajunQuilter2
    OH peach how sweet is that precious puppy!!!! Awww, puppy kisses and puppy breath, nothing sweeter..............
    Best of luck. Picked a name yet???
    No name yet Joyce was thinking Daisy but since we haven't met the cutie yet Joyce said we will see what her personality is and then she will decide on a name. Gwyn from the board said Emma Louise. Anyone else have a suggestion for a name????????
    I think the best idea is to do what your daughter suggest and let her personality dictate her name. Once you have her it will come to you. Be sure to let us know what she decides.
    Old 05-20-2010, 06:18 PM

What an adorable puppy Joyce is getting! I'm so happy for her to get this - dogs are such wonderful companions - I think it can only help Joyce get better.

Daisy is a nice name...she may find something else she likes better when she meets her...:)
    Old 05-20-2010, 07:20 PM

That is one beautiful little puppy! Sooooo cute! I bet Joyce will just love it to pieces the minute she gets her in her arms. I agree that it would be best to be around the pup for awhile & let Joyce decide what to name it. Watch it & figure out its personality. Oh I cannot wait to hear all about the puppy. I'd never seen a Labradoodle. They are adorable.
    Old 05-20-2010, 09:43 PM

This puppy is sooooo cute. And it HAS to be very smart because it is a cross between my MoMo (poodle) and my Honey (lab). These two breeds are brilliant! Both of them were housebroken within a few days! I've never seen such smart guys. My dh has them trained to not leave our front yard. No fences, they just know not to walk on the gravel...I've not seen any dogs before that would do that.

I am very happy for you and Joyce.
    Puppy kisses are the best!
    Old 05-21-2010, 10:10 AM
    Banned

There is a delay in the puppy delivery she will be arriving tomorrow. Now I have time to make a puppy quilt. Something fast and simple all in pink and purple. I want it nice and puffy so I am going to tie it. I better go search my stash. I know I don't have puppy print if I did I would make it with that. OOOOOHHHHHHH well she will have a flowery quilt. Do you think puppy will care?????hahahaha
    Old 05-21-2010, 10:25 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by purplemem
    This puppy is sooooo cute. And it HAS to be very smart because it is a cross between my MoMo (poodle) and my Honey (lab). These two breeds are brilliant! Both of them were housebroken within a few days! I've never seen such smart guys. My dh has them trained to not leave our front yard. No fences, they just know not to walk on the gravel...I've not seen any dogs before that would do that.

I am very happy for you and Joyce.
    Puppy kisses are the best!

I had a mutt that was trained not to go anywhere in the house where there was carpet. He was the damdest dog to housebreak, just couldn't seem to grasp the concept but he learned "off the rug" and it stuck even after he was housebroken. That training of off the rug was a blessing in disguise on muddy northeast spring days.
    Old 05-21-2010, 02:05 PM
    Power Poster

Poodles are very oriented to pleasing and being around people. I made a mistake by getting 2 toy poodles three weeks apart. couldn't teach them much - they just wanted to play together all the time for 1st 10 yr.s or so. They don't shed and need to be groomed every 4- 6 weeks to look real nice. Every 6-8 weeks is what the grooming shops recommend. Good luck with your Daughter's new puppy.
    Old 05-21-2010, 03:21 PM
    Power Poster

Oh, Lucky! How cute! I bet ya cant wait!
    Old 05-22-2010, 11:56 AM
    Banned

the furbaby arrived she is cuter then her pic, no name yet. the breeder said she was the most rambunctious of the litter. 3 hours and she hasn't stopped running and jumping around the living room. joyce is happy