Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
One Project at a time? or more? >

One Project at a time? or more?

One Project at a time? or more?

Old 07-22-2010, 04:59 AM

I have a lot of time on my hands, don't want to sit & watch tv or do the computer, so what better way than to (learn to) quilt or crochet or do something that can be beneficial to others? like giving those projects to children's hospital or people in need of a quilt etc? Id rather spend my time learning to make that quilt or sew something , and can crochet & watch tv, but give this away to worthy causes it the ideal thing to do.
I am trying to do just that!
Old 07-22-2010, 05:03 AM

I wish I could go from start to finish on one project at a time but I get bored with it and work on something different. I don't even want to think about how many I have started.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:14 AM

I'm like you. I would PREFER to only work on one project at a time, but it usually doesn't work out that way. I am trying to get all my UFO's finished so I can go back to working on one at a time. Right now, I have two on the go and am anxious to get at least one completely finished this summer. (There are quite a few other UFO's that are lurking in y sewing room that need finishing this winter!)
Old 07-22-2010, 06:07 AM

I am a creative, easily distracted quilter/artist and can't work on just one thing at a time, although I admire that quality...my brain is working overtime coming up with new ideas, colors, fabrics, etc...and I can't just turn it off at will...sigh...so I am very easily distracted and have to have lots of different projects going for the different moods and feelings for any given day...if I'm feeling artsy, I then pull out my more modern stuff, if I'm feeling traditional, I pull out some of that, etc. etc...I do love the feeling when a project is finally done and washed, ready to give away or use...
Old 07-22-2010, 06:16 AM

I can only work on one project at a time. My kitchen is my quilting space so I have to be controlled.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by quilt3311
I think it depends on how you prefer to work. I have quilt friends who only work like you do. Start a project and finish before they consider the next. Myself I have lots of projects going. One will be at binding (which I do while watching TV with DH) One will be at design stage, one at cutting, etc. etc. There are always things that come up to interrupt the main project I am working on. Blocks for a club project, cheer blocks for quilt friends, the list goes on.
Heh. I do that as well - but I didn't consider that as multiple projects. :)
Old 07-22-2010, 06:42 AM

I always have 2, 3, and sometimes 4 projects going at one time. I always have one that is portable so I can take it with me in the car if we are out driving or have to spend an extended tamount of time anywhere.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:47 AM

Several going on at any given time. Usually they are different types: english paper piecing, embroidery, piecing (on the machine); and always something to be cut.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:29 AM

I can't work on one at a time because there are so many neat ones on here that I have to start one of them, and leave the other ones until later.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:08 AM

Oh, I ;have no problem starting another project before I finish my last. I have a very short attention span. Later I will go back and finish a WIP.