Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many kits in your stash? >

How many kits in your stash?

How many kits in your stash?

Old 10-06-2010, 03:27 AM

I only have 1 kit left. I decided instead of going through all the trouble of making sure the fabric was there etc. By not buying kits, and just buying fabric and patterns, my creative juices started flowing. But you did have a good idea for retirement.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:50 AM

No kits for me. Picking out fabrics is my favorite part of the quilting project. I do, however, have four "kits" with fabrics that I put together for four projects in mind. Can't wait to start them :P
Old 10-06-2010, 03:52 AM

I don't have any kits - have never even purchased one. I think there's two reasons:
1) I don't even decide on my next quilt until I'm close to finishing the current one and,
2) I'm afraid to commit to a kit as I may not like it anymore by the time I get around to it.

I find what I want to do next changes frequently. It's a large part of the fun for me to make the decision on what will be next, and begin the process of gathering fabrics for it. And I make myself wait until I'm about 3/4 completed with the current one, then I can start thinking about/working on it in earnest. It's like a little game I play with myself...a reward for completing the one I'm working on. Silly, but effective!

Does anyone find that the kit you purchased, you're no longer interested in making? I'm so afraid of not liking them anymore by the time I get to them, for some reason...

Debbie in Austin
Old 10-06-2010, 03:54 AM

haven't counted but then I sound like you
Old 10-06-2010, 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by janRN
2 for me but one I bought on sale from Connecting Threads just for the fabric. They have so much fabric in their kits it was cheaper than buying the fabric individually. Not sure what I'll do with it but it was beautiful fabric at a great price--can't pass that up.
None for me, but this is a great tip. I'll have to keep it in mind.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:07 AM

Probably at least 10 - I like the way they're put together and I figure I'll do quicker 'cause everything's there. Doesn't happen....
Old 10-06-2010, 04:09 AM

I'm more of a "Stash Stasher" than kit stasher but a have 6 or 7 on the shelf. I have good intentions but not a high level of energy. Plus I have a bad case of UFO-itis.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:09 AM

I don't have kits as I prefer to select my own fabric. I do have 9 patterns that I have not opened up yet. Some are season specific, and some are.....well....just because it appealed to me! Like the yards of fabric that I have stashed!
Old 10-06-2010, 04:32 AM

I have three and was tempting to order more last night but had to remind myself to finish UFOs first.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:34 AM

I don't have many, maybe 5 or 6... I normally don't buy kits. I like to fun of putting it together myself