Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My Ugliest Quilt >

My Ugliest Quilt

My Ugliest Quilt

Old 10-30-2010, 05:21 PM

Hey, Judee! That quilt is NOT ugly. It's bright and cheerful. You can send it to me and brighten my days! <G>
Old 10-30-2010, 05:23 PM
Cyn

If this is your worse, I'm out of this competition! :)
Old 10-30-2010, 05:30 PM

Very pretty! It isn't ugly at all! Great job!
Old 10-30-2010, 05:38 PM

It is bright and cheerful. I really like it
Old 10-30-2010, 05:51 PM

I love it.
I agree scrappy is never ugly.

When my husband and I were married we were given a scrappy quilt as a wedding gift from a friend. I was 19 and wanted everything in my house to match....so I had no idea what to do with a scrappy quilt. It matched nothing. So I hid it in the linen closet. The old house we bought and remodeled slowly had NO heat the first winter and while freezing my butt off one day I dug out the scrappy quilt that I had forgotten about and curled up next to the fireplace....I was so warm and cozy that I lived in the quilt all winter. We spent many many hours reading Jane Austin together. After it warmed up I didn't have the heart to put her back in the closet, so she lived on the foot of my bed. Then the babies came she she stayed up many many nights rocking fussy babies, getting peed and pooped on. That quilt was my best friend. She slowly started falling apart and I had no idea how to fix her. I would do my best with a needle and thread but after I washed it she would be in pieces again.....but we still stuck together like glue. Then my poor old dog got sick and passed away. The three of us (scrappy quilt, the dog and me) spent many years together in front of the fire place. The night the dog was buried my quilt disappeared. At first I thought she ended up in the laundry room. After several days I decided there was no way my quilt was in the house. It took almost 6 months before I could ask my husband if he buried my quilt with the dog.
It is because of that quilt I have set out on a mission to teach myself how to quilt. I miss her so much, you just don't get the same feel from the store bought quilts. I see a scrappy quilt and I feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
That being said....I love your quilt it matches everything in your house!
Old 10-30-2010, 05:52 PM

I like it very Nice.
Old 10-30-2010, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by judee0624
I put the finishing touches on this Disappearing Nine Patch today. I made the blocks when we were on vacation and DH was fishing. I used squares I had cut from scraps. It is a mish mash of all kinds of fabric patterns. The only sane thing about it is the batting and you can't even see it! I did FMQ and didn't correst the tension, so that is messed up. Sigh! I'll bet a lot of you out there hae ugly quilts too. Let's see them! C'Mon, be brave and help me to feel better. :-D
That quilt looks pretty snuggly to me. Can't see the quilting too well but I'll bet it's not spaghetti on the back. Even if you don't like it there are plenty who would love it.
One of my quilt recipients, daughter's sister-in-law, said she couldn't imagine a nicer thing that one person could do for another than to make them a quilt. She didn't know I was a quilter when she said that to my daughter and their mother-in-law as she hadn't met me yet.
Old 10-30-2010, 07:21 PM

You know what? I have to tell you that I don't find that ugly at all. It's bright (not my taste) but for some reason I really like it. It's NOT ugly.
Old 10-30-2010, 08:05 PM

I love scrappy quilts, yours is great.
Old 10-30-2010, 08:11 PM

I personally have never seen an ugly quilt. I happen to love the brightness of this particular one, It looks like a happy quilt.One that I would get out in the late winter/ early spring to snuggle up in when the air is still chilly, yet has a hint of warm days to come :)