Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilts in the War Zone >

Quilts in the War Zone

Quilts in the War Zone

Old 11-29-2010, 10:38 AM

One of the groups that makes quilts especially for these medical evacuation trips is:
http://www.operationquietcomfort.com/index.html

Click on the Heading "projects" to see the following:

OQC provides small quilts (3’ x 5’ finished) to comfort our Wounded Warriors who are medically
evacuated to a higher level of care, as well as for those troops who are sick or injured and recovering
in place. We have specific project requirements and ask that you follow them closely.

If you have time, please check out this worthwhile group.

God Bless our Service Personnel.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:19 AM

I cried when I viewed these pictures. To see our brave men injured. This is all close to my heart, we are a military family from grandfather to grandson. Our grandson returned from Afghanistan back in June, safe and sound, thank God.
Old 11-29-2010, 12:29 PM
Power Poster

Okay, I wiped away the tears from seeing so many soldiers injured and some covered in quilts made with love from so many of you here at home. And yes, God Bless our soldiers and God bless those quilters! Thank you for sharing this story.
Old 11-29-2010, 02:36 PM

God bless you for sharing that site with us all.
Our daughter served in the Army as a Medic close to the DMZ for almost 2 years. I would occasionally send off care packages filled with home baked goodies, treasures from home and a few finished quilts. I was disappointed at first when she returned home without any of the quilts with her until she told us her thoughts on the quilts. She used them in her visits to hospitals, field sites and in the maneuvers via helicopters to keep those seeking medical assistance warm. Many of those she helped commented on the "touch of home" it brought them while she took care of their needs. She was coming home and knew there would be other quilts for her that I could and would make for her but the ones left behind were to help remind others of the many at home that were always thinking about them.
I am proud to say that our local guild gave a number of pillowcases and lap quilts to our local veteran's hospital - it's a small price to give to those that give so much more.
For all of you that have and will give to our veterans - this proud mother of a veteran thanks you.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:05 PM

Thanks for sharing the link.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:07 PM

It makes me want to cry for them yet so glad to see their are those willing to put so much time and energy in for them.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:08 PM

These soldiers are our husbands, brothers, uncles, or sons. They are doing a job that very few are willing to do. Thank God there are those of us that stand behind these guys/gals in doing little things that cheer them up being so far away from home. Thanks to all who support our troops even God.
Old 11-29-2010, 04:19 PM

The blessings we get because of these men and women is unrepayable. So to see these small tokens of thanks from all of you is a great heart warmer.
Old 11-29-2010, 04:33 PM

Thank you for the link and ditto to the thanks to all of the quilters who have supported our boys.
Old 11-29-2010, 04:46 PM

You touched my heart with this article. I will be making a quilt and finding out how to send it.