Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Price per yard >

Price per yard

Price per yard

Old 01-12-2011, 08:19 AM

Sounds about right $8-$11 here.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Lady Diana
My local quilt shop doesn't carry the most current seasonal lines, however, all of her fabrics are Quality Brands. With her batiks, solids and tone on tone, season doesn't matter. Selections are always good. Her fabrics are always $4.99 a yard, the year around. I was working on a BOM at another shop, purchased the extra fabric for $9.50 per yard, then found the exact same fabric a week later atOld Town Quilts in Keller, Texas for $4.99! I go to her store first now.
Diana in TX
Wow ... wish I could just hop up to her shop! No prices like that in shops here in Houston, unless it's a sale ... I'll def add Old Town to my list next time I go up to Dallas.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:24 AM

Wow it is really getting expensive. I haven't been in our LQS lately. Last time I was in I bought probably 30 yards of Batik fabric that was on a great sale. It also happened to match a quilt top I had just finished. Did I feel like I had won the lottery??? It was marked down 40% and an extra 20% off that. I'm going to have to start digging into my stash. That is what it's for. There is no way I can pay what you guys out of the USA pay.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:33 AM

Wish I had a LQS then I could tell you. But heard today cotton price up 80% so they is going to make a gigantic difference.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:40 AM

$8 and up at my LQS
Old 01-12-2011, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by TanyaLynn
What is the average price per yard at your LQS? I think mine is $9.50 for prints from all the different mills.
It has been $8.95 to $9.95 but last Saturday my favorite LQS' shop owner pulled out a recently ordered bolt just to show me that the price had jumped to $11.95! He said that that was the price for most of what he ordered from the Quilter's Warehouse(?). So, kiddies, it's coming if not already here!
Old 01-12-2011, 09:01 AM

I think we all are having sticker shock this new year! Have you all received your copy of Keepsake Quilting??? A huge increase in prices. Very disheartening but I am happy to have a huge stash in my sewing room and only have to shop occasionally for fabric. Really hard on quilters as we need our fabric!!
Old 01-12-2011, 09:04 AM

$11/yard. I will be making scrap quilts and looking for sales.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:45 AM
QKO

LQS's around here are retailing from $9/yd for their older stuff up to $12/yd for the newest stuff coming in. (sale prices not included)

Due to worldwide demand for cotton increasing every year, and ongoing shortages as well as increases in global freight, the cost of dyes, the cost of printing and everything else increasing, most forecasters aren't seeing anything but continuing increases in the prices of fabric into the foreseeable future.

Most shops are trying to hold down prices to the end consumer, but sooner or later you either have to raise prices or go broke and out of business.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:06 AM

We quilters all have stashes to be used, and online sites can sell for less ... this will be hardest on LQS, they will be hurt most. So support your LQS !!