Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I guess I'm older than I thought >

I guess I'm older than I thought

I guess I'm older than I thought

Old 01-29-2011, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by T-Bones mom
I can sympathize with all of you. I have degenerative disc in my whole back. I have had surgery on two discs in my thorasic spine and in my cervical spine. I am disabled from it. I have had this for 10 years. It runs in my family. Some days it is a chore to get out of bed. I have learned to live with it. I do things when I have good days. At 57 I am sick of surgery. I will cope.
Have the same story as you T-bones mom 'cept it's been a bit longer - 7years. and I too will cope
Old 02-02-2011, 05:04 PM

My goodness it sounds like we are all falling apart. Just kidding! Unfortunately things like that happen. Do whatever you need to help the situation and keep thinking positive!:)
Old 02-02-2011, 11:41 PM

WHAT is an electro pulse TENS unit???
Old 02-11-2011, 10:31 PM

Yes - it has happened to me several times. Sounds like a herniated disc, unfortunately. My chiropractors (AZ & CT) are good friends! They get me out of pain quickly, and I've never needed surgery. My spine is a mine field, but I do my exercises to keep my supporting muscles strong, and I set my timer when I'm sewing to get up and take a walk every 30 minutes. Sitting at a sewing machine for hours is NOT a good idea!

I'm 71, and my first herniated disc was when I was 35. The most recent was 18 months ago. Now I go to my chiropractor for a 'tune-up' every 3 weeks, so I don't wind up with another herniated disc. It works for me. Whenever I get off that schedule, I know I'm asking for trouble.
Old 02-12-2011, 05:28 AM

My back is better now. I'm being extra careful whenever I lift anything now. So far so good.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:48 PM
Banned

I have. And sometimes I dont even do that. It just happens for no apparent reason.I have had to actually crawl to the bathroom.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:12 PM

My problems started at 49... was at work one day and slipped on a piece of paper. never thought anything about it.... two weeks later I could not move. could not set down stand up bend over........

went to the doc she said sciatica.... chiro worked on me.. Pt made me worse... as it stands now i have been fired from my job.. have been in this pain for nine months now.... pain management shots to the Si joint. Medial branch block... and yesterday I had my second MRI. FINALLY it showed two herniated discs... Now to the neourosurgeon the 20th and hopefull they can get me out od pain....
Old 06-10-2011, 11:01 PM

that last post of mine should have read a herniated disc between L4and L5