BLACK AND WHITE SAMPLER SWAP >

BLACK AND WHITE SAMPLER SWAP

BLACK AND WHITE SAMPLER SWAP

Old 05-17-2009, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by susiequilt
If my count is correct we are up to 71 different blocks! :D

71 x 12 = 852 blocks total.
WOW!
Anyone making 6 sets? Lots of time left!
:mrgreen:
I would love to see a photo of all the blocks together once they've been sent in. Thats going to be a mighty big stack of black and white blocks!!!

I'm debating making a second set if I get time, and the right block (I bought some more fabric at a show yesterday). Have to see though. No chance I could do enough sets to get one of each though. Not got the time.

Have we got some idea yet of how the internationals need to pay postage?

Sazu, UK.
Old 05-17-2009, 04:06 PM

That will be interesting - but then again it will depend on how many blocks are being swapped internationally.

I have not yet decided on how many will actually be submitted by myself....just taking it one block at a time until I complete a set and I'll see from there.

Have just wasted the morning's efforts of cutting..... cut all the 3 7/8 black squares short of square. ie 3 7/8 x 3 5/8. I could kick myself.....probably wouldn't have happened if I'd done the cleaning and tidying instead!!!
Old 05-17-2009, 07:18 PM

I just finished my 12 blocks for the Black and White Sampler Swap. Can't wait to see the others
Old 05-17-2009, 07:19 PM

Ooops, I didn't attach the picture.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:17 PM

*sigh*

Five down.... a few to go ;-)
Old 05-17-2009, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by MadeinMaine
Sulabug - You CAN do another set! Remember: "I think I can, I think I can, I KNOW I CAN!" (That would better my odds at getting one your great blocks! :lol: Sorry my selfishness is showing through :twisted: )
:P :P
Thank you for the PEP talk!! :D That's just what I needed, to get me really motivated!! Wouldn't it be fun if we could all have one each of the blocks submitted?
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Old 05-18-2009, 03:49 AM

International shippers: I was thinking to take a set of 12 to the PO and see how much it would be for me to ship it to you and you just send the $ and I'll buy the postage here. But then I thought of the currency problem. Any ideas? I'm going to see how they did it for the blue and white swap. If anyone knows already please let us know.

Stay tuned....
Old 05-18-2009, 04:07 AM

For the blue and white stars swap the lady arranging it had an online shop, so she put the postage cost in her shop with our names so we knew which was ours, and we bought it via paypal.

I could probably exchange money for dollars though, if thats easier, since we're planning a trip to America later in the year. Probably have to round up to the nearest dollar though, so as not to put change in.

Just let me know whats easier. Theres a while to think about it yet.

Sazu, UK
Old 05-18-2009, 04:41 AM
Power Poster

You can send $ to ANYONE with an email addy on Paypal. All you have to do Collette is let all the interantionals know how much theirs would be and they can send it to you via Paypal.

It is very simple to set up an account to direct deposit it into your bank account..then all you deal with is the small transaction fee they charge..It would probably cost less than actually mailing you an envelope with the $ in it.
Old 05-18-2009, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by BlueChicken
*sigh*

Five down.... a few to go ;-)
GOOOOOOOO !!!! Blue Chicken! You can do it!
ALL of you are doing a bang up job on getting those blocks done, and as an innocent bystander, I am really enjoying your productivity, creativity, and grand patterns - - even that simple one. Nothing is ever simple if someone is doing it!
Don't believe those people that say "If I can do it, anyone can do it!" ... if anyone could do it, we wouldn't need to be giving quilts to our friends, families, and favorite charities .... Go, TEAM, GO! HOO RAH! :!: