Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
weight loss challenge with a prize feb sign up.........closes feb 2 @ 8am >

weight loss challenge with a prize feb sign up.........closes feb 2 @ 8am

weight loss challenge with a prize feb sign up.........closes feb 2 @ 8am

Old 02-24-2011, 09:12 PM
Banned

don't you hate when the sirens keep going off? when i first moved to Ohio I would go in the family room bathroom. It was at the back of the house and has no windows. the sirens would go off even if there is high winds. i now say i don't give a crap i go about my business and if a tornado would touch down let it take me away i really don't give a poop anymore. last year there were afew that touchd down within 8 miles of me.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:21 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by trupeach1
don't you hate when the sirens keep going off? when i first moved to Ohio I would go in the family room bathroom. It was at the back of the house and has no windows. the sirens would go off even if there is high winds. i now say i don't give a crap i go about my business and if a tornado would touch down let it take me away i really don't give a poop anymore. last year there were afew that touchd down within 8 miles of me.
I'm just glad it's over with. The front of this storm was swirling and swirling. If I didn't have to worry about the kids I would have just went about my business. It was bad enough to make the neighbors from upstairs come down and ask for shelter til it was over. Thankfully my friend across from me opened her door first, I don't like them people but I wouldn't deny them just cause they have little ones.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Holy cow!! We just spent 1 1/2 hours on and out of the main bathroom with tornado sirens going off every couple of minutes. There was 20 plus locations between us and Benton ky. which is 15 miles north of us with rotation in the clouds. We have been given the all clear with this storm but there is more headed our way thru out the night. My 15 yr. old decided to go into full panic mode during all of this. Ugh!!! Wanted to let you all know what happened tonight. Be safe out there.
I've been watching the weather channel and see it's going thru Tenn & Ky. It must be scary. Take care of yourselves.
Old 02-25-2011, 04:39 AM
Power Poster

4 Omish children were missing last night. The family was in riding in their buggy when they tried to cross a creek that was rising and the children were washed away. They found 3 of them but I don't much more then that. Our rain started falling about 3am thurs and it rained off and on all day long. When the storms hit we got an incredible amount of rain in a very short time.
Old 02-25-2011, 04:39 AM
Power Poster

Thank you Donna!
Old 02-25-2011, 06:41 AM

DonnaD, good for your son for not bringing any junk food home from the store. Kudos to you for liking to wear your pjs enough you wont dress just to go get a donut. Good girl!!!!

Every Wed, the tornado alarms are tested, so I have gotten used to hearing that LOUD alarm. However, last night at 11PM, I had just gotten into a good, deep sleep when the tornado alarm started going off. Scared the crap out of me, and my dog. My husband was oblivious to all this and got upset with me for waking him. He was sleeping so soundly, he said he barely heard the alarms...... According to the tv, we could expect bad weather until 1AM. Had I not been so tired, I would have gone down to the basement and sewed. I was too tired to do that though. I was glued to the tv, watching the weather channell. The wind sounded like it was taking the roof off the house, but it didn't. Thank the Lord. The rains were heavy. Then, about 12:50, everything calmed down. It was a long almost 2 hrs.......

Carrie, I'm glad you are all okay also. I thought about you when I was glued to the weather channell.

The sunshine is bright and beautiful already this morning. Makes last nights weather seem like a dream. I hope you all have wonderful day. Sandy
Old 02-25-2011, 06:51 AM

People are afraid of California's eathquakes, I'll take them over a tornado any day. I'm glad to hear everyone here is OK. It is tragic about the four Amish children.

I'm stuck, haven't lost anything in about a week and a half. I've been eating to much salt, so that may be the problem.

I bought a new (used) bike. It is motivating me to keep on going. The hardest thing about bike riding is the seat. I had gotten use to my old seat, this new one hurts in places the old one didn't. I should get use to it shortly.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:53 AM

OOOPS!
Old 02-25-2011, 07:12 AM
Banned

It was pouring when I went bed last night. It is snowing today. Nothing much yet just a dusting but the roof tops and tree limbs are white. It looks real pretty.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:33 AM

I watched the weather channel most of the night, too. It rained forever last night. Today is cold and cloudy. The temperature dropped 30 degrees, and it is windy.

My dh and I both have sore throats.

I've been eating a lot of salt, just craving it. And last night I broke out the chocolate cookies.

Monday is weigh in. I sure am disappointed in myself. I need to pick myself up and give myself a good shaking!