Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop! >

August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

Old 08-19-2011, 09:37 PM

I'm not interested, but here are some reasonable thoughts on the subject.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUUn0odd_cA

http://altmedicine.about.com/od/popu...a/Raw_Food.htm

I'm surprised the video cooked the salmon, even in transition.

Edit: Xylie - you've got grass? I sure didn't see much when we visited Yuma in the Summer. There was some on Spring break.

Now you've got me thinking about a juice fast again - shorter, of course. But I'd need a new juicer. I gave mine away. The blender doesn't do it. You need to break the cell walls to release the nutrients. I was not a fan of cleaning up the pulp, but I'm here so the diet worked. I wonder if the resale stores have a juicer. A new one isn't in the budget.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
I'm not interested, but here are some reasonable thoughts on the subject.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUUn0odd_cA

http://altmedicine.about.com/od/popu...a/Raw_Food.htm

I'm surprised the video cooked the salmon, even in transition.

Edit: Xylie - you've got grass? I sure didn't see much when we visited Yuma in the Summer. There was some on Spring break.

Now you've got me thinking about a juice fast again - shorter, of course. But I'd need a new juicer. I gave mine away. The blender doesn't do it. You need to break the cell walls to release the nutrients. I was not a fan of cleaning up the pulp, but I'm here so the diet worked. I wonder if the resale stores have a juicer. A new one isn't in the budget.
Ya,I watched a bunch of her video's the other night for 2 nights.She was having a time staying with it.And gaining weight.I need to finish her vids,she was good tho.I enjoyed them.Ya,our grass is dry and yellow.And under our trees,forget it.It's dirt.LOL
Old 08-20-2011, 02:01 AM

i am back to square one..i am finding it very hard to hit the goal of calories per day. not used to eating 3 meals a day. i know that is how to loose weight, i just need to be more diligent i think.
Old 08-20-2011, 06:20 AM

Xylie,
I am on coumadin. I cannot eat green. can't do the juice thing.

I am going to discuss the protein shakes with doc, but I have chronic kidney disease, which prohibits large quantities of protein.

You can lose your liver and kidneys on a high protein diet. I have a friend that did, and had to have both transplanted.
Old 08-20-2011, 06:45 AM

Good morning to all...

Yesterday was a good day. I lead a fitness class to seniors three mornings a week at a local health club and once a month we have a potluck lunch....Yes, a luncheon at the health club..... :D We had 36 attending and there is always a wide vaiety of food and I try to sample a little of each. Sooooo much good food. But I don't eat anything in the evening...if I feel hundgry I will either have a small salad or maybe yogart. I know I go over my calorie count on that day, so today I will be extra careful and stay slightly under my calories. I have already been out and walked 4 miles. Had to do that early before it gets too hot. As it was, at 6:30 it was already 80.

Ya'll have a wonderful, blessed day
Old 08-20-2011, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
good morning all!

I ended up walking 1/2 mile yesterday and my body feels it today!

I am proud of myself and will try to walk again today. It is hot and humid, but not too bad right now.

I get the "willies" sometimes talking about death, too. DH and I have a firesafe we have all our papers in. I worry about my quilty things, he won't remember where/who they go

BTW, I haven't mailed FQ's since Nanny Sandy won. I have them, just never get to the post office. I don't drive and the car is only here MTW, on Wed is doc apptmts out of town...great excuses, but somebody's quilt is waiting...
Bad Purple! Bad!
Don't feel bad MJ I am quilty of the samething! It has been on my list of things to correct for weeks now. I always seem to manage to get so unorganized and behind by the end of summer it is embarrassing! I am so sorry to those still waiting on thier FQs I have no excuse :oops:
We spent the day hauling my daughter and her horse up to Estes Park to do the Grand Entry and Drill team for the Old Timers rodeo and we are going back up there today for the second performance. Estes has the most beautiful rodeo arena in Colorado in my opinion, if any of you visit Colorado you should definately try to see Estes Park! It is beautiful up there. The Elk walk through town and lay on the golf course, the mountains are so beautiful all around, AND they have 3 of the nicest quilt shops! LOL After this weekend the horse shows slow down and life should get calmer and I PROMISE to get everyones FQ's to them.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:04 AM

Hi

My problem seems to be the protein. I love myfitnesspal - it's really helping me but I am consistently eating way too much protein. My downfall seems largely to be greek yogurt. I love it and I add 1 tsp of ground flax seed to it but that makes it 14 g protein for a serving. I am just going to have to work harder at cutting it back.

I'm looking forward to September when it's cooler so I can start going for walks. The heat and humidity in August are too much for me!!

Between myfitnesspal and checking in on this thread every day, I am making progress!

Nancy
Old 08-20-2011, 08:12 AM

OK folks...hope this comes through ok...It's an artcle written for an athelete but has good information for any one trying to loose weight, Enjoy

http://www.active.com/nutrition/Arti...risid=22865995
Old 08-20-2011, 08:36 AM
elm

are you using the non fat plain greek yogurt? When I switched to that from regular plain yogurt, I found that I ate less of it. I have berries or other fruit and the ground flaxseed. It keeps me full for quite a while.
Originally Posted by amBoo
Hi

My problem seems to be the protein. I love myfitnesspal - it's really helping me but I am consistently eating way too much protein. My downfall seems largely to be greek yogurt. I love it and I add 1 tsp of ground flax seed to it but that makes it 14 g protein for a serving. I am just going to have to work harder at cutting it back.

I'm looking forward to September when it's cooler so I can start going for walks. The heat and humidity in August are too much for me!!

Between myfitnesspal and checking in on this thread every day, I am making progress!

Nancy
Old 08-20-2011, 08:44 AM

I've been getting the zero fat greek yogurt with fruit from Costco. That's a good idea to check the regular and add my own blueberries, etc to it. I guess I need to go to the grocery store and read some labels to see if some have less protein.
....or limit myself to one a day! *sigh* no one said this would be easy!!

Nancy