April - Boom 18

Old 02-06-2017, 10:30 AM

And TG, thought this was a great blender hope you agree. Mississippi

[ATTACH=CONFIG]567648[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  
Old 02-06-2017, 10:39 AM

Jaba Myla is adorable! What a cutie. So nice you are able to spend time with her now for several months.
Old 02-06-2017, 11:10 AM

hope this works for you marija
[ATTACH=CONFIG]567649[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails marija-lg-1.jpg  
Old 02-06-2017, 11:26 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by jclinganrey View Post
I have a question for the group: I would like to do a pineapple block with one of the F8's but am not sure I'll have enough fabric. I certainly don't want to slice up the fabric only to find out I don't have enough!! Has anyone made a 12 1/2" pineapple from a F8? I'm thinking of cutting 1 1/2" strips???
I think any of us would be scared to do that... It's a lot of work, but you could take another F8 and see if it can make a pineapple. A tester with some of your own fabric is what I guess I'm trying to say!
Old 02-06-2017, 11:30 AM
Power Poster

Awesome blocks, ladies. I guess my cat block for Billi must be 'hole in the barn door' too... not churn dash.

Joan, I'm having the hardest time thinking about cutting up your fabric. Those beautiful motifs look like Stack and whacks.
Old 02-06-2017, 12:13 PM

Terriam great TG block. Makes me feel better about mine. Low contrast.
Another great block for Marija, Marietta. Good block for that fabric.
Old 02-06-2017, 12:34 PM

[QUOTE=terriamn;7757806

MJP since you are still working how do you take 2 months off of work?[/QUOTE]
OOPS meant to answer this sooner.
Well my husband and I are semiretired this year but a lot of work, I love, fell into my lap the first 3 months of the year. Mostly with the amazing YMCA I work at. Fortunately my FallProof class ends by April. When I work with personal training clients I don't try to keep them forever just for 8-10 weeks to get them started. I'm not taking any more. I teach several classes at the Y weekly but I've already got a sub for our May trip. I love my fellow Y instructors. I've done some emergency subbing and trained new instructors for my boss so she's very supportive of this.

My biggest job, dealing with the bookkeeping/ taxes for my husband's business will be mostly over by April 15. I've actually taken several college classes in taxes and I go around the country and do my family's taxes. I've done CA, NY, FL, Missouri, NE.

After all that we are taking a month to travel in our van. My husband asked what would it take for you to camp with me? I said a comfortable bed wherever we are. HE built it, so now I camp. It's a futon with a fluffy mattress topper,my first quilt and lots of pillows. He's even got a little potty for night time use. It's not fancy but its very comfortable, cheap traveling and its fun. Lots of exercise. He found a new inflatable kayak in the thrift store for $50 and we'll take that along with our bikes this time. As a bonus he cooks about two weeks of dinners before hand and freezes them so the first two weeks are wonderful meals. I've made all sorts of stick on pockets, curtains, and hooks for the van. We need to be very organized. I've even figured out how to turn those picnic tables into a massage table I do a lot of hand embroidery and beading while I'm traveling. I love it. It's relaxing, I lose a few pounds and get in great shape.
Old 02-06-2017, 12:41 PM

MJP sounds like you are well organized and living the good life
Old 02-06-2017, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
I think any of us would be scared to do that... It's a lot of work, but you could take another F8 and see if it can make a pineapple. A tester with some of your own fabric is what I guess I'm trying to say!

Believe me, I thought of that but the block is kind of labor-intensive ((upwards of 3 hours)) and would rather not if I can help it.
Old 02-06-2017, 12:59 PM

Jane take your pattern and try to measure the pieces you need from the fabric. I think that will tell you quickly
Today's update and I can't believe I'm done. Have to make some for me now I guess.
terriamn- rocky road to California[ATTACH=CONFIG]567651[/ATTACH] muse and sew- cypress[ATTACH=CONFIG]567653[/ATTACH] and last ibex- three and six[ATTACH=CONFIG]567657[/ATTACH]
If any of you would like me to change something, please let me know. It won't hurt my feelings so don't fret about that. I want you to be able to use your block.
Attached Thumbnails dscf3388.jpg   dscf3390.jpg   dscf3391.jpg