Who Are You?

Old 06-09-2009, 09:16 AM
Power Poster

What beautiful pictures and beautiful family s

Cancer is close to me also, almost lost 2 family members, but they are cancer free now!
!
Old 06-09-2009, 11:54 AM
Power Poster

yes, cancer is getting to be more and more common. We lost hubby's brother, to colon cancer in September 08. He had just lost his mom, not to cancer though, in Feb. last year.
Everyone said, that they were glad she/we didn't know he had the cancer during her last days.
He was ready when it was time, and said, he knew his mama was waiting for him at the gates. I'm going to have a bit of a cry now. hugs to you all.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:44 PM

I did not mean to start a pity party for me - I've been a SURVIVOR since the moment after my surgery. That's BC lingo :) Just meant to say I need to figure out how to post a picture that actually looks like me! I spend the winter in AZ, and ALL friends in CT (and I do mean ALL) have NOT recognized me the first time they've seen me on my return to CT in May :shock: The combo of shorter hair & skinnier bod than their memory banks hold makes their eyes skip right past me :roll: I HOPE it's 'cause I look so GOOD :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 06-09-2009, 07:24 PM
Power Poster

Joanne, I am back and read your reply...wasn't pitying you...got sad, bc of all the stuff my hubby's family, which includes me, went thru last year bc of two deaths.
My next to youngest brother had Hodgkins, when he was 33, and I kept all three of his girls, while his wife, my SIL, helped him thru it.
I have never had cancer, but for five weeks last year, nobody was sure...well to be plain...if I was living or dying. Lots of stress memories...and pain memories.
I'm here, so that makes me a survivor, but I am not ashamed to say, it was hell, and I never want to go thru something like that again. Pity me? - no. Compassion? - yes. I applaud your victory, but still hurt for some, ok?
Old 06-09-2009, 07:32 PM

I wasn't chiding QNC - and I understand grief and sadness, believe me I do, because I have it for the ones I've lost, too. And I'm glad you, too are a SURVIVOR! That's such an empowering word. Just saying it makes me feel so good :D That's why no one needs to feel sorry for me.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:36 PM

I just realized that I DID manage to change my Avatar :oops: And I have to change it again when I get DH to stand still and take a picture of me :!: This 'new' picture was taken by a friend and Emailed to me back in April - that's why the quality is rather fuzzy - and, my hair has grown some more since then, so I have even more to smile about :lol: :lol: I think I look a bit like grinning skull in this picture, but I WAS having a good time!
Old 06-09-2009, 07:48 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JoanneS
I just realized that I DID manage to change my Avatar :oops: And I have to change it again when I get DH to stand still and take a picture of me :!: This 'new' picture was taken by a friend and Emailed to me back in April - that's why the quality is rather fuzzy - and, my hair has grown some more since then, so I have even more to smile about :lol: :lol: I think I look a bit like grinning skull in this picture, but I WAS having a good time!
OK, now your making me laugh!...a grinning skull??? :lol:
I like this picture...didn't see no grinning skull! hugs, I think I may be starting menopause or some kind of pause, lol!
Did you ever watch Reba? loved that show. Now when I hear the word survivor, I usually think of her song. It is an empowering word. That is why I jole so much, there was a time I couldn't. I want to celebrate, as much and as often as I can. :XD:
Old 06-09-2009, 07:50 PM

Joanne.....I love your picture!
You are a beautiful woman!
Old 06-10-2009, 02:52 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
Joanne.....I love your picture!
You are a beautiful woman!
Me too, I agree - miss the handsome flyboy hubby a bit though... :D
Old 06-10-2009, 03:25 AM

me, too. I miss your handsome hubby nest to you. JoannS. It was a wonderful pic of nice smiling two.
I wonder if we can be as nice couple as you two in a picture in a future.

panda