Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
weight loss challenge with a prize feb sign up.........closes feb 2 @ 8am >

weight loss challenge with a prize feb sign up.........closes feb 2 @ 8am

weight loss challenge with a prize feb sign up.........closes feb 2 @ 8am

Old 02-27-2011, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
We are gonna be in for a long night tonight. Probably won't get any sleep. We have severe storms on their way and according to the weather channel we have a 5 in 10 chance of having a tornado close to the Tenn and Ky state lines. Well guess what we are 6 to 7 miles from the area they are talking about.
This means that Corey (our 15 yr. old son) is gonna drive me crazy worrying to death about it. SIGH!!!!
We are just outside of the severe weather area, this time. When I was a kid I used to love to stand outside on the porch when it was stormy. Then I grew up, now I watch through the window. Closest I've ever gotten was a few hundred yards, that was wild!
Old 02-27-2011, 07:54 AM

Happy Sunday everyone! Goodness, it has been 5 pages since my last post.

Remclave, I am so sorry for your loss. {{{hugs}}}

Carol, happy, happy birthday!

Cybrarian, wtg with your success this month! Ten # is phenomenal!

Peachie, I just knew your endless weeks of discipline would appear. I read that I should not be identified by the scale, but I am. Being "under" a # only inspires me to work harder! Congrats to you.

Donna, enjoy your California snow.

Lauriejo, I am in the same camp as you, up & down. Shame one me - I'm not snowed in.

Carrie, I only have one experience with Prednisone and I loved it. Of course, I took them for 9 days as I recovered from the flu and the "bladder infection from hell". Had been in bed for 2 weeks. It was like being raised from the dead. Praying for your families safety.

Will be getting my FQ ready. And signing up for next months thread.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:20 AM

Hubby FINALLY finished putting my new exercise bike together. I love it. It's one of those that sits low to the ground (like they have in physical therapy). So.....now I can get myself busy riding. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm looking forward to riding this bike. GO ME!!! So for March, not only will I continue to eat better and make more healthy choices, I will also be riding, riding, riding..... Sandy
Old 02-27-2011, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by NannySandy
Hubby FINALLY finished putting my new exercise bike together. I love it. It's one of those that sits low to the ground (like they have in physical therapy). So.....now I can get myself busy riding. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm looking forward to riding this bike. GO ME!!! So for March, not only will I continue to eat better and make more healthy choices, I will also be riding, riding, riding..... Sandy
Riding a bike is what helped me lose the weight. It's easy on the joints, hips and feet.

It was great for me because I was so grossly obese, I couldn't have kept up running or lost as must with just walking.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:12 AM
Banned

Sandy.........that is great and since it is stationary you can't run into any concrete wall or fall like someone who will remain nameless, right CAROL? :roll: :roll: :roll:
Old 02-27-2011, 10:51 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Sandy.........that is great and since it is stationary you can't run into any concrete wall or fall like someone who will remain nameless, right CAROL? :roll: :roll: :roll:
Haha! I was thinking the same thing.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:05 AM

Hey I only hit one wall and fell maybe three or four times. I use to have to get on the curb to get on the bike, boy was I out of shape!
Old 02-27-2011, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by DonnaD
Originally Posted by dgrindey
Do ya think DonnaD and Donna G should change their names???? Sometimes I think replies are for me and they are for DonnaD and vice versa. LOL How 'bout Donna 1 and Donna 2????
You can call me Donna Lynn, that's what I get called when I'm in trouble... quite often actually. Or 1 and 2 is all right. Just call me in time to eat...
Ok, Donna Lynn
Old 02-27-2011, 12:03 PM

Happy, Happy Birthday, Carol. May all your wishes come true.
Old 02-27-2011, 12:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
Hey I only hit one wall and fell maybe three or four times. I use to have to get on the curb to get on the bike, boy was I out of shape!
Who said I was talking about you???????? ;) ;) ;)