Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
using glue with bindings >

using glue with bindings

using glue with bindings

Old 09-11-2011, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by RkayD
I use regualr elmer's school glue. I went to Hobby Lobby and got a pack of metal screw on fine tips..I use a corsage pin that I keep it cleaned out with when it gets clogged. Works like a charm and washes out. =)
I have not seen these tips in Hobby Lobby. I use a puddle of glue and a pin head. What dept. did you find these tips?
Old 09-11-2011, 05:11 AM

I use the white paste as it washes out of the fabric.
Old 09-11-2011, 05:44 AM

I used to pin my bindings and then I started using the clips but after watching that tutorial about the glue, man, I started with gluing and ironing, and I will never go back. I have finished 3 quilts that way and to be able to sit in front of the TV finishing the binding, without getting stuck with a my long quilting pins or without having to keep track of my binding clips is a wonderful thing. I also like that it is exactly where I want the binding to be, it won't shift when you are finished gluing and ironing. Who said an old dog can't do new tricks?
Old 09-11-2011, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by Deborah12687
I use the white paste as it washes out of the fabric.
Elmers School Glue is a modified starch and rinses clean too.
I'm going to look for those tips at Hobby Lobby, you are right....hate getting empalied while sewing LOL
Old 09-11-2011, 08:08 AM

I have used Roxanne's glue-baste, washable glue stick and Elmer's school glue (washable). They all work fine and do not gunk the needle (at least as far as I know). Elmer's school glue is the cheapest. I put it in the Roxanne's bottle as I have not been able to find the tips to put on the Elmer's bottle.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Steady Stiching
Originally Posted by RkayD
I use regualr elmer's school glue. I went to Hobby Lobby and got a pack of metal screw on fine tips..I use a corsage pin that I keep it cleaned out with when it gets clogged. Works like a charm and washes out. =)
I have not seen these tips in Hobby Lobby. I use a puddle of glue and a pin head. What dept. did you find these tips?
I found a bottle of DecoArt Foam Paint that had a small plastic tip at Michael's. I dumped the paint out and rinsed the bottle really well and refilled it with the Elmer's Washable School Glue. It was only $1.00 and I've used it for over a year now. The top snaps on snuggly, so it does not dry out. Works really well!