Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I wanna Cry!  Vilene Help needed >

I wanna Cry! Vilene Help needed

I wanna Cry! Vilene Help needed

Old 09-07-2011, 03:17 PM

Ok here is an option but will take a bit of time. Trim as much off as you can and then line the back and front pieces of the jacket - don't worry about lining the sleeves.

Hope this helps.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:26 PM

I have no suggestions but just wanted to add what an awesome design it is.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:57 PM
Dee

Calm down and have a huge chocolate. You already have a solution. This happened to me on embroidered curtains. All done and could see the stalizer all wrinkly etc. I cut all embroidery out and attached on a new valance. What a job.
But it all works out.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:31 PM

It is a beautiful design and with the white sweatshirt nothing screams out at the one looking at it. I knowyou are very disappointed right now-but you did a beautiful job and just trim and instead of trying to get out the "intricut" parts I think I would leave the interfacing-it may give dimension to the stitches instead of the fuzzy parts. Relax and then it will hopefully look better to you.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:19 PM

Oh, my gosh, I'm so sorry that this happened to you. You did an absolutely marvelous job of stitching; the peacock is the prettiest peacock design I've seen so far, and I have purchased quite a few of these different designs --love peacocks. The colors you chose are so delicate and yet so dramatic on the white. I liked the suggestion offered earlier of making this first one into a pillow and then re-stitching the design again for Mom, later having a story to share with each other; I'm a great fan of "making memories". I am reminded of the time my young granddaughter and I were making a tee shirt project with a transfer in the front for her Mom. We were having the grandest time and were in total excitement and suspense, waiting to see how it would look. Well, when we removed the transfer paper, I had put the transfer on backwards! She just looked at me, and together we both started laughing - what a great memory! (We did, however, re-do it, and everything turned out OK the second time.) Take heart, things will work out for you, too. Hugs!
Old 09-07-2011, 09:42 PM

Wanda, that's why all of my embroidery stabilizers are kept in a plastic tote by itself and my garment stabilizers are kept in a plastic tote by themselves and I go out of my way to make sure they never meet.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:51 AM

If it was fusible interfacing you might try heating it with an iron. I googled for help and that was a suggestion.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:57 PM

Vilene is not a water-soluable stabilizer. It's a lightweight fusible. Wonderful product for that.
Old 09-09-2011, 07:21 AM

you have to make sure your water is hot and you need to kind of rub the material together to help remove it ,your project is in no way ruined,just needs a little more water and hotter this time.If you could I would just throw it in the washer and give it a good wash