Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Newbie from Ohio >

Newbie from Ohio

Newbie from Ohio

Old 10-17-2011, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by KastleKitty quote

Well, Memaw, I am also an Ohio girl! (was???....am quite grown now!) LOL I am on the eastern edge, very close to where I70 crosses into Wheeling, WV. Are you anywhere near me? I joined about 2 months ago. I have also done clothing construction for years, and recently started quilting, mostly applique. I too am fascinated with paperpiecing. Have not yet done it, but collected oodles of pattern for it. I need to make my first bedquilt. So I joined for that reason. Welcome to the QuiltingBoard! :D
I live close to Marietta. Also Parkersburg, WV. Takes me about 20 mins to get to either place. What part of Ohio are you from? I've made several quilts. Most I've given away as gifts....baby. I've made 3 bed size quilts, wallhangings, tabletoppers. I had a lot of UFO's, but gave them to my cousin to try and sell for me. I knew I'd never get them finished. Some just needed quilted, some just needed finished. I just got bored!
Old 10-17-2011, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by memaw4
Originally Posted by KastleKitty quote

Well, Memaw, I am also an Ohio girl! (was???....am quite grown now!) LOL I am on the eastern edge, very close to where I70 crosses into Wheeling, WV. Are you anywhere near me? I joined about 2 months ago. I have also done clothing construction for years, and recently started quilting, mostly applique. I too am fascinated with paperpiecing. Have not yet done it, but collected oodles of pattern for it. I need to make my first bedquilt. So I joined for that reason. Welcome to the QuiltingBoard! :D
I live close to Marietta. Also Parkersburg, WV. Takes me about 20 mins to get to either place. What part of Ohio are you from? I've made several quilts. Most I've given away as gifts....baby. I've made 3 bed size quilts, wallhangings, tabletoppers. I had a lot of UFO's, but gave them to my cousin to try and sell for me. I knew I'd never get them finished. Some just needed quilted, some just needed finished. I just got bored!
I live 8 miles from Wheeling, WV, in Ohio, up the river. I do mostly small items, bags, pillows, mostly with lots of handwork. Right now I am working on a pieced man's vest. I have to purchase some fabric for my first bedquilt and I think I have stage fright. It is not like buying 1/2 yd. pieces to do small items. I would have no trouble buying tons of those! LOL LOL I have to commit to larger yardage and colors. I think I am having problems choosing the colors. I don't fear the cutting or the piecing. I AM afraid of quilting it, because my machine is 35 years old and even though the feeddogs drop down, I don't think it does FMQ. I tried it once and it did a lousy job! Or maybe it was me who did the lousy job! Either way, I don't see any FMQ in this machine's future! LOL Kitty

Oh, and I have to be the Queen of the UFO! LOL :-D :-D :-D :-D
Old 10-17-2011, 03:09 PM

Hello, I was born in Dayton, Ohio and went to Stebbins High School. Are you close to Dayton??????
Old 10-17-2011, 03:31 PM

welcome from NE Ohio
Old 10-17-2011, 04:19 PM

Glad to see you finally made it on here Memaw. She and I are best friends and I've been trying for ages to get to join. She's a great seamstress and quilting....and the greatest friend anyone could have!
Old 10-17-2011, 04:26 PM
GG

Welcome from South West OHio
Old 10-17-2011, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Jill
Glad to see you finally made it on here Memaw. She and I are best friends and I've been trying for ages to get to join. She's a great seamstress and quilting....and the greatest friend anyone could have!
No, you are the greatest friend anyone could ever have! I'm so glad I finally did make it on here though. Tell me, how did you get your name designed like that? I love it.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by memaw4
Seems like a lot of you on here are from Ohio. I feel right at home already! Our daughter went to Marietta College and now lives in Columbus! And we have a niece who lives in Pickerington! I've probably been to Huron if it's anywhere near Amish Country. I love going up into Berlin and all around there with my daughters in the Fall. We have a Mother/Daughter weekend where all we do is shop and eat! Oh, we have lots of fun too! They go their way....because they don't sew or quilt.....and I go mine!
Actually Huron is on the Lake so we are North of you. If you have heard of Cedar Point we are about ten minutes from there.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by barny
Hello and welcome from Dallas
HELLO! FROM ANOTHER OHIAN! :) HEY, BARNY! YOU'RE NOT IN HIDING ANYMORE! :)
Old 10-18-2011, 01:59 AM

Hello and welcome to this fabulous board, you'll love it here.
Little Sue