Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Statement of Stash Flow >

Statement of Stash Flow

Statement of Stash Flow

Old 01-26-2013, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by liese View Post
Speaking of accountability!! I teach an 8th grade Home & Careers class which includes sewing by hand and by machine. The Assistant Principal in my building has now advised me that "all pins need to be accounted for after each class." LMAO Wondering how many of you are able to account for all your pins, every day, after every sewing project, etc?
Liese,
After every class, I would trot myself down to the Assistant Principal's office so he or she can count them and account for them! Sheesh....
Old 01-26-2013, 10:38 AM

Speaking of accountability!! I teach an 8th grade Home & Careers class which includes sewing by hand and by machine. The Assistant Principal in my building has now advised me that "all pins need to be accounted for after each class." LMAO Wondering how many of you are able to account for all your pins, every day, after every sewing project, etc?
This cracked me up! I teach in a middle school, too, and sadly can just imagine an administrator saying something like this. Laura
Old 01-27-2013, 02:27 AM

Um. Yeah. That ain't happening! Rofl!
Old 01-27-2013, 10:27 AM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

This one made me laugh right out loud -- today's education system has completely lost its mind.
But, yes, I do account for my pins.....when I hear them clinking as they slide up the vacuum cleaner tube, or when my rolling chair rocks crazily when stopped by one on the floor, or when my bare foot tries to pick one up, or when I realize the pincushion is empty and I need to crawl around and find some 'down there.'

Shoot, guys, I don't account for my eating, sleeping, playing, reading, even checking account.....why on earth would I account for my quilting?! I'm single and retired, that's all that counts!

Jan in VA
Old 01-27-2013, 10:29 AM

If I put this on paper, my husband might find the paper and then the world would come to an end! Let's just leave it to his imagination.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:34 AM

Maybe some of the pins are finding their way into other classrooms and damaging something..just thinking that might be the issue here. Not sure how you'd stop that, though, metal detector at the classroom door?
Old 01-27-2013, 11:15 AM

If you look at stash like a savings account, then in is good!! Yeah, yeah, that's it.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:30 PM

I will not take any responsibility for my fabric habit. LOL
Have a Blessed night
Ellen
Old 01-28-2013, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by lots2do View Post
Maybe some of the pins are finding their way into other classrooms and damaging something..just thinking that might be the issue here. Not sure how you'd stop that, though, metal detector at the classroom door?
Apparently my AP is concerned about safety issues but my class is not the only one using pins. Tech uses them also. AP says he found 2 in the hallway -- among the 375 students in 8th grade who wouldn't even take the time to pick up a pencil if they needed something to write with -- do you think they're going to bother to pick up a pin or two? So I had to bite my tongue while I was thinking, "do you want me to pick up pins or do you want me to teach?" -- and that was after they increased my work load by an additional 50 students per quarter due to a retirement in my department!!!
Old 01-28-2013, 12:49 PM
Power Poster

I would probably need a 5" 3-ring binder for the fabric in. Fabric out could be contained on a large post-it. lol

Nope, I don't want to account for my transactions in fabric. I buy what I want, when I want (and can afford) and I sew when I want, what I want. I already know that I will not live long enough to use my stash.