Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Radiation and Breast Cancer - OVER! >

Radiation and Breast Cancer - OVER!

Radiation and Breast Cancer - OVER!

Old 03-12-2010, 07:26 PM

Congrats to you and to all those who have experienced and are expriencing the same.. many blessings and prayers to each.
Old 03-13-2010, 05:37 AM
Power Poster

Congrats to you, and DH and doggie too! Happy household and time to celebrate with a fabric shopping spree :XD:
Luvs and prayers to all that are going through it and have been there.
Have a brother that had Hodgkins and you need to celebrate when you finish something like that.
Let the happiness flood your heart and soul to the max, and new fabs are just the thing to go with :D
Old 03-13-2010, 12:39 PM

This is good news!!!
Old 03-13-2010, 01:42 PM

Good for you! I am just starting my journey thru this! Thank you and all the other ladies for sharing.
Old 03-13-2010, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Ilovemydogs
Good for you! I am just starting my journey thru this! Thank you and all the other ladies for sharing.
We will give you all the support you need throughout the process. Stay strong - we'll be right here with you. :)
Old 03-14-2010, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by All Thumbs
While I am fairly new to this form of quilt chatting, I am slowly finding my way around the topics. And since this is a non-quilting talk section, I want to share my happiness of today's events. Following surgery in December, today was my last day of radiation treatments for breast cancer! I am so relieved it is finally over and pray that the five-year plan of medications will keep me cancer free so I can continue to quilt every day. My dh is even talking to our dog saying, Isn't this a good day, momma doesn't have to take any more treatments. And then he lets out a big sigh. lol So, my new chatting friends, thank you for letting me shout it from the roof tops............and may all those other women who have breast cancer keep a positive attitude and have the good fortune that I have had.

http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/albu...ser/dizzydonna
Hi and congratulations! There is nothing like the feeling of the radiation being done. I am a 14 year survivor; radiation and tamoxifen for 5 years; I will never take another day for granted. Keep thinking you can, and you will.
Old 03-14-2010, 07:28 AM

What wonderful news... every day we look to celebrate the defeat of cancer in someone. My sister and brother both died of cancer. I am always on the lookout for signs. Had to have a magnification mammo last month but the said, "probably benign" calcium deposits...go back in August for retake. Celebrating your wonderful news with all women!
Old 03-14-2010, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by fabric-holic
Originally Posted by thequilteddove
Oopsy :) Yes, I meant you :)

It is reassuring to hear they told you the same thing. That means it's SOP. :thumbup: You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Hi--I think you meant me instead of Quilter7x? They are sending me to a breast cancer center too for my tests so maybe that's not as ominous as it sounds. They also told me I'd get my results while I'm there and to be sure to ask for the cd of the tests so I can take it to my other doctors if needed. Sounds as if we're being told the same info. That's reassuring a little.
I go on 3-11-10. I'll be keeping good thoughts for you on 3-12-10. Let me know how yours turns out, OK?
Rosanne (and everyone who sent me encouragement)---I hope I'm posting this in the correct spot. Again I don't want to butt into everyone's congratulations for the original poster, but I wanted to update the members who've sent me such nice messages while I was waiting to have my tests. The tests are done! All clear too. They couldn't even see the lump that my doctor feels. They did my mammograms twice this morning because the Radiologist thought he saw something in my other breast and wanted another angle of my left breast. Then after reading the second set I had the ultrasound. Nothing shows. I'm happy and relieved.
Rosanne--I am praying your mammograms tomorrow turn out as well as mine. Let us know.
I went through the same thing two weeks ago. Nothing serious for me, either. Congratulations to the survivors. Loving thoughts to those fighting the battle. Ladies, get those mamos!!!!
Old 03-14-2010, 10:29 AM

Prayers going up and out for all who have health issues... no matter what they may be.... May God wrap his loving arms around you and protect you from all harm.
Old 03-14-2010, 02:48 PM

Yes, get those mammos! But do the self exams, too. That's the only way I found mine. My 3.5cm tumor was lobular, one of the 5% of all cancerous tumors that DON'T show up on mammos! I found it when it finally crept our from under the aerola, a naturally 'bumpy' part of our breats. Lobular tumors DO show on ultrasounds and MRIs. Fortunately, lobular cancer is VERY slow growing and my doctor told me mine took YEARS to get to 3.5cm. It did not reach my lymph nodes, thank goodness, so it was classified stage IIa despite the large size. I was very fortunate, and I had chemo, but I didn't have radiation. I'm on anti-hormone meds for another 4 years, and I'm feeling great (except for my lousy shoulder, which has nothing to do with cancer!).