Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you quilt/sew daytime, evening or night time? >

Do you quilt/sew daytime, evening or night time?

Do you quilt/sew daytime, evening or night time?

Old 03-25-2010, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by craftybear
Hi,

I was wondering when everyone quilts or sew? I have been sewing at night time after hubby goes to bed. I have my sewing machine set up in family room with big screen tv, computer so it makes it easy to do all 3 things in one room.

I am now paper piecing and making some hexagons by hand.

I hope to hear back from all of you quilters around the world.

Karen "Craftybear" Indiana, USA
I quilt at every opportunity and time of day doesn't matter. When I get a quilt sandwiched and ready and it's bed time, too bad. I have to quilt a minimum of one hour no matter how tired I'm before being able to settle down and sleeping. Now I can ONLY hand quilt that late at night. If I'm doing machine work, I don't dare do it that late as I'd never settle down to go to sleep. I know because I've seen the sun rise while in that frenzy. LOL. I machine piece in my computer/sewing/craft room but hand quilt in my love seat recliner in the living room with the good TV. I do have a nice TV in my sewing room too as I do enjoy having it on while I work. I have an Ott floor lamp by my sewing machine and another out in the living room behind my love seat. After doing without I told my husband I had to have them - older eyes evidently.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:19 PM

Mostly at night after everyone has gone to bed. I'm one of those "night owls". But if I get a chance, I'll quilt whenever. I was just cutting out some stuff to sew on later.
YTQ
Old 03-25-2010, 03:22 PM

Im basically retired if a good job came along I might be tempted to take it lol I say good because I wouldn't want to give up my time quilting or the time with my dh.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:36 PM

I do mine any time I can and get upset whensome one wnats something never fails I work 2 days a week and it seems like for ever to get home
Old 03-25-2010, 03:36 PM

I do mine any time I can and get upset whensome one wnats something never fails I work 2 days a week and it seems like for ever to get home
Old 03-25-2010, 03:38 PM

Hi karen well long story short i start to sew or quilt in the after noon but some times with a mini schnauzer little Gilr Allison that wants her mom to play out side we go ball in tow toss a few time ,but most of the time i sew at night quiet time as you said , i do ,do machine embroidery too to do too.so i work on quilting and then stop and do some sewing and machine embroidery, I keep very busy , clean the ole home and then play as my hubby is retired navy now drives a big 18 wheeler truck all over 48 states and Canada .so I am home alone allot for 5-6-8 weeks at a time. I still feel like I am A Navy Wife. I do have my own yahoogroup i work on and do digitizes allot of my own designs, rite now I am making a quilt for a dear freinds sisiter that just had breast cancer surgery and a matching pillow case for her. plus bridal and wedding gifts to make and a few easter gifts to do too, plus baby things to do for a God Son and DN in Canada that is due around the 27th of April her first , and my God sons new baby girl that was born in Dec. to start and try to get done for the shower in April. that i will bring for them. so all in all I keep very busy . got to dash hugs ((((())))) Weze
Old 03-25-2010, 03:39 PM

I mostly quilt during the day... late morning and afternoon. By evening, I'm ready to sit with my hubby and watch tv and get on my computer!!
Old 03-25-2010, 03:46 PM

I usually machine sew during the day while dh is at work and hand work in the evening so I can be downstairs with him... if he's busy or away - I'll sew anytime.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:51 PM

Whenever. yep that's about what I do
Old 03-25-2010, 04:15 PM

Normally at night, but could be whenever I feel well enough to sew/quilt.