Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
I started this a year and a half ago and I have no desire to finish it >

I started this a year and a half ago and I have no desire to finish it

I started this a year and a half ago and I have no desire to finish it

Old 06-24-2010, 06:21 AM

Ladies, if you read through the posts, she is going to finish it. :thumbup:
Old 06-24-2010, 06:53 AM

This looks good! I feel like stopping and throwing away, started over anew, but I told my self, give it an hour a day, and I am going to finish this project by Sunday!! yeah!! A gift for my niece I started before she was born, and I got irritated and stopped. She is 3 months old now, and I will ship it to her next week, will add a picture for everyone's opinion this weekend!! Give it a shot, it will be worth it, if your not happy with it, the experience will help you on future projects!
Old 06-24-2010, 06:57 AM

I think that it lines up.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:25 AM

Maybe if you take a little time to starch all the blocks and sashing pieces along with the part you have already put together, it would make everything go together easier. On my first quilt (a Lone Star), I didn't know to use starch so I had a lot of trouble with the bias edges and getting things to line up. If I had found out before I finished the quilt, I certainly would have tried starching all of the individual pieces. It really makes such a difference!

What you have done is very pretty. In fact, I am making scrappy 9 patches for the 9-Patch Project here on QB, and I may try setting some of my blocks together this way.

I think it will be a stunning quilt when completed and your BFF will LOVE it! Just do a little each day, maybe attached the sashing pieces as leaders and enders, and before you know it, your BFF will have a beautiful quilt made by her BFF!!
Old 06-24-2010, 07:31 AM

Hey...that's a nice project you got going there! So let's know that you are the machine & brrrrrrrrrr on this quilt asap.
Don't you dare get rid of that one !! It looks like the start of
a lovely quilt with some loving put into it.
Brrrrrrrrrrrrr. wanna hear it going......bbrrrrrrrr !
Old 06-24-2010, 07:36 AM

Finish it! Whenever you get around to it. I see no deadline date to complete. If you aren't willing to do that then send it to me along with the pattern! I will put it in my UFO collection.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:55 AM

i like the pattern it looks like it lining up i got some quilt done when i finished then i notice as i was quilting some of my blocks was not line up but after i got them done it look good i only gave mine ti friends and family why waste them
Old 06-24-2010, 08:04 AM

You need to do what makes you feel better about this quilt. If it's finishing it for a friend, then do it. If it's trashing it, then do that. I have only trashed one quilt in my life, and it was at about the same stage as yours - all the blocks were made, but I didn't like it and didn't like working on it. I felt better the minute it hit the trash can! Relieved would be a good description. If you do finish it, you will also feel relieved, it'll just take a little longer. So, do what you want, and feel good about it! No quilt police allowed into our FUN hobby!
Old 06-24-2010, 08:27 AM
Power Poster

Don't ask me. I have a quilt I started 3 years ago and can't convince myself to finish it. I would rather work on something I like.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:51 AM

its a beautiful piece and its screaming to be finished , talk your self into finishing and it will be great. :D