Jelly Roll quilt finally finished >

Jelly Roll quilt finally finished

Jelly Roll quilt finally finished

Old 07-16-2010, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Queen
Originally Posted by Nanjun
Originally Posted by Queen
Thanks for all the kind comments.

My embroidery machine is a Babylock Esante and I bought the designs from Embroidery Library. It took some time to hoop where I wanted the designs, but I mirror imaged some and turned a few 90 degrees so the mistakes wouldn't be as noticeable if I didn't get them hooped just right.

Mary
I have baby lock ellure'. Can the embrodery designs
from this site be used on this model? It is model ESL
I use the small disc in my machine. Thanks
I don't see why not. I think your machine takes PES and you can download it directly to your computer if you have a way of transfering it to your embroidery machine from the computer. I happen to have Palette 6.0.

Mary
Thanks Mary,
I dont have those capabilities. Just have to pay an arm and leg for new disc.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:40 AM

what a delightful happy quilt!
Old 07-16-2010, 08:15 AM

Wow that is beautiful Do all jelly rolls have 40 strips? I've seen some that say 10 or 20
Fran
Old 07-16-2010, 09:01 AM

I believe that true Moda Jelly Rolls have 40 strips. Many shops are cutting their own strips and marketing them as "Jelly Rolls"
Old 07-16-2010, 11:37 AM

Lovely quilt.....I really like the embroidery. I'm considering the purchase of an embroidery machine....what kind do you have?
Old 07-16-2010, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by granny_59
It looks great and I love the embroidery. Wasnt it a big hassle to hoop the quilt and what kind of embroidery machine do you got?

Granny
I've done this before, and yes, it is a hassle. I figured out this method though: I use a few pieces of masking tape to tape the lower hoop to my work surface, then I use the template to center the block with the upper hoop. When everything is in the right place, I put the two hoops together. With a quilt, you really have to loosen the screw on the hoop so that it opens up completely.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:23 PM

Beautiful quilt and I LOVE the embroidery ... another thing I want to try!
Old 07-16-2010, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by catrancher
It looks great and I love the embroidery. Wasnt it a big hassle to hoop the quilt and what kind of embroidery machine do you got?

Granny
I've done this before, and yes, it is a hassle. I figured out this method though: I use a few pieces of masking tape to tape the lower hoop to my work surface, then I use the template to center the block with the upper hoop. When everything is in the right place, I put the two hoops together. With a quilt, you really have to loosen the screw on the hoop so that it opens up completely.
thanks a lot, but what is masking tape?
Granny
Old 07-16-2010, 02:11 PM

[quote=granny_59]
Originally Posted by catrancher

Granny

I stitched the design out on cut away stablizer and stitched it out in mirror image , marked all the reference points, drew 2 lines to mark the center and when I was ready to stitch it out, I pinned the cutaway to the quilt. The cutaway held up through all the quilting done on the quilt.

Mary
Old 07-16-2010, 03:52 PM

hello

Scrap looking quilts are my favorite. What is the name of this and where did you get the pattern from. It's beautiful. Do you quilt through top, batting and backing? Sylvia