Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Finally found a sewing buddy!!! >

Finally found a sewing buddy!!!

Finally found a sewing buddy!!!

Old 08-17-2010, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by GailG
Before I read the thread, I'll ask about the beautiful sewing machine covers in the background of that adorable child so engaged in his sewing project. Are your covers original, or did you find patterns. I would love to make covers for my machines.
I made them up myself (and posted all four of them :lol: )

I do remember those cards also and will try to find them for him. I think he should learn how to handsew first and if in two three years time he is still interested, I am the first one to buy him a child machine.
I gave him beads and pearls to sew on and he did it with an incredible accuracy going into the same stitch he came out to get the beads.
I am sure we will have a beautiful quilt for his mami soon :lol:
Old 08-17-2010, 11:36 PM

He is so darn cute, would love to see what he would make if you gave him a machine to use!
Old 08-18-2010, 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by Abi's Nina
He's adorable.........My 5 yr. grandson likes to work in my sewing room too, but his Dad is not too happy about it. I say it's my house, and if he wants to help, why not?!
What's with those dads, huh?
Old 08-18-2010, 07:51 AM

The dad might think its to girly a thing to do.
Old 08-18-2010, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by heather1949
Like housework and such, huh. Well, it's time for us to straighten them out on that. :lol:
Old 08-18-2010, 07:56 AM

that is the cutest picture..............thanks for sharing...
Old 08-18-2010, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by granny_59
Originally Posted by GailG
Before I read the thread, I'll ask about the beautiful sewing machine covers in the background of that adorable child so engaged in his sewing project. Are your covers original, or did you find patterns. I would love to make covers for my machines.
I made them up myself (and posted all four of them :lol: )

I do remember those cards also and will try to find them for him. I think he should learn how to handsew first and if in two three years time he is still interested, I am the first one to buy him a child machine.
I gave him beads and pearls to sew on and he did it with an incredible accuracy going into the same stitch he came out to get the beads.
I am sure we will have a beautiful quilt for his mami soon :lol:
Those cards are primarily used in pre-K and kindergarten, but I used them with my first graders who needed more practice with eye-hand coordination. Your little guy will have fun with them as well as develop more skill.

And -- I must have forgotten your posting of the covers (or I just missed that one altogether. I will go back and do a search. Thanks.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by heather1949
Glad DSIL thinks different and DGS doesnt know anything about girlish or boyis yet. :lol:
When DD was pregnant with the second baby the first thing I did was getting DGS a Doll with a stroller. He loved it and still does as you can see on my avatar.

I remember him walking it out of the store and across the pedestrian zone in Basle, parting folks like once Moses the sea. Everybody was smiling at him and he had a great time. He also saw those two boys at the age of 6 -7 laughing about being so girlish and he did not get it. Instead he gave a big smile back and told them that this was his brand new baby, very pleased that they "admired" it too. That sure made them fall silent :lol
Old 08-18-2010, 11:50 AM

What a cutie! My 4 yr. old DGS loves everything about my quilting projects too. He wants to touch all the fabric, and earlier this year he was my speed controller while I was doing a long straight seam.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:09 PM
Banned

He is so cute. God bless.