Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
does any one use quilting software >

does any one use quilting software

does any one use quilting software

Old 10-03-2010, 03:24 PM

Wow! Thanks Ladies for all the great information. It gives me a lot to think about. Most of you seem to EQ so the majority rules, I think I will check it out. Sounds like it would be worth the investment. Thank you very much. Dolores
Old 10-03-2010, 06:56 PM

Best wishes for a full recovery after your chemo.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:05 AM

LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT. I've been able to design my own blocks, play with them and make the quilts with no hassle or guess work. Have even been able to get by with only one mag subscription and take it for the inspiration only. Have to mention again, the supplimental tutorial books are a good way to get familiar with the features.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
I have EQ6 and use it a lot. I find blocks in magazines or on the internet, and try to figure out how much fabric needed for a quilt with that block. It's helped me use up some of my stash. And it's FUN! You can see how blocks will look together, try them in different configurations, etc.
I wish I weren't such a klutz when it comes to the computer. That would be right down my alley. I love to analyze blocks to see if I can do it without a pattern and by strip quilting. Amount of fabric needed for a quilt is still a big mystery to me! I just buy a lot or reinvent the wheel if I'm short.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:05 PM

I have EQ7 and I am learning to use it. It isn't complicated but I need to pay more attention to the book. It is nice to see your quilt made up and scanning material is easy. I do like it a lot. Just need to play with it more and learn more.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:25 PM

I have been using EQ for a long time, now on EQ7 and love it! It does take some time to learn, but so worth it!
Old 10-07-2010, 06:40 AM

OK Ladies, you convinced me I am waiting on my EQ7, I think it will help me alot and I know if I need a question answered I know where to come. Thank you to everyone.It is supposed to be delivered today.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by dolores
OK Ladies, you convinced me I am waiting on my EQ7, I think it will help me alot and I know if I need a question answered I know where to come. Thank you to everyone.It is supposed to be delivered today.
I too must say thanks. I've learned a lot on this thread and I think Quilt Wizard will be the best way to start out. Thanks for starting this thread, it was very informative.
Old 10-13-2010, 06:58 PM

Dolores: As someone already posted, Quilt Design Wizard is a great place to start. It is published by the Electric Quilt (EQ) people and teaches you the basics. The program calculates the amount of fabric you will need for your creation accurately. Plus you get to actually see if you like what you thought up. I consider it a good stepping stone for the big program EQ6 or EQ7. A friend has let me use her "7" while I'm saving to get mine. Just depends if you like to use computers or not. EQ7 takes a little while to learn but there is online help...
Old 10-13-2010, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Olivia's Grammy
I'm pretty sure someone ask this question and I missed the answer, but what does EQ7 have that EQ6 doesn't have. I have EQ6 and Quilt Wizzard. I didn't think QW had enough design options, for me.
Grammy- I know there are more custom design options on EQ7. There are 5000 fabrics in the library, plus you can scan your own fabrics into the program.
Jovi