Favorite Online Fabric Store >

Favorite Online Fabric Store

Favorite Online Fabric Store

Old 10-02-2010, 07:16 PM

fabricdepot.com

Great fabric, fantastic service.
Old 10-02-2010, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by debbie
Connecting threads which sells 100% cotton fabric from the USA at great prices and, good quality. Crafttownfabrics.com is another good one.
Sure wish they still had their retial store open. They are just across the river .... shucks. But just got their latest catalog today!
Old 10-02-2010, 08:37 PM

Like many of you I like Connecting Threads. I also am quite pleased with Red Rock Threads

http://www.redrockthreads.com/

One of my favorite places to buy fabrics is Batiks Etcetera and Sew What Fabric, located in Wytheville, Va. They specialize in batiks, but they do have other fabrics. I've been dealing with these people, both in person and online for over 20 years now, and they are both knowledgeable and helpful. Shipment is prompt and prices are fair.

http://www.batiks.com/
Old 10-03-2010, 04:09 AM

Love fatquartershop.com and it's not just for FQs. It has new fabric lines soon after they are released.

Also have ordered from equilter.com - which send out weekly emails about new fabric and current sales - hav bought lots of panels and baby/toddler fabrics for chsrity quilts here.

Also use Hancocks of Paducah.
Old 10-03-2010, 06:35 AM

I use ebay alot for my fabric needs. Also Quilt in a Day has good prices on some of their fabric. I ordered the Underground Railroad pack and was not disappointed.
Old 10-03-2010, 07:20 AM

i love comnnecting threads! great fabric and the kits are fantastic! you don't have to purchase a pattern extra and they give you more than enough fabric so even if you goof up you can still make a lovely item/quilt. I've had enough left over to make a small quilt when i was done with the larger one. Like getting my money's worth!
Old 10-03-2010, 08:26 AM

Fabrics.com has been very good for me as well. They even ship it via the postal service for me - I had BIG problems with UPS not leaving my packages and sending them back to the sender!!!! So, when I order fabric I call and have it shipped via USPS - they don't charge me any extra for it either.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:01 AM

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

Originally Posted by blackbearbetty
I like Favorite Fabrics.com. If you see something you like they will show differentfabric that cordinate with it . sometimes I have a hard time matching fabric.
Thank you for mentioning us, Blackbearbetty!

Showing coordinates is something that we go out of our way to do. We've actually put the fabrics next to each other, to be sure that they work well together. It's what you would do if you were shopping in person, right?

We don't just show you coordinates from the same collection; we include fabrics from any of the three dozen brands we carry, if they are compatible, both in color and visual "texture".
Old 10-03-2010, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
Showing coordinates is something that we go out of our way to do. We've actually put the fabrics next to each other, to be sure that they work well together. It's what you would do if you were shopping in person, right?

We don't just show you coordinates from the same collection; we include fabrics from any of the three dozen brands we carry, if they are compatible, both in color and visual "texture".
Oh wow! That would be my dream job! Just pulling out fabrics and finding coordinates over and over all day long! That's one of my very favorite parts of quilting. What a great thing for you do for your customers. A lot of people have trouble, especially once they start looking online where the colors can be so deceiving. Kudos to you!
Old 10-03-2010, 09:23 AM

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

You're quite right, Ghostrider, that is definitely the most fun part of my job! It's less stressful than choosing what to order for the shop.

Funny thing is, I can look at a new fabric that I think doesn't have many "friends" and unexpectedly find a dozen or so fabrics that it goes perfectly with.

For instance... Friday we got a box of FQs of Benartex's Harvest Reflections group, and in it was a terra-cotta-rust colored woodgrain. I "took it for a walk" through the shelves and found so many fabrics that it goes with, that now I'll HAVE to order that one too!

Ok, maybe it's TOO much fun... :wink: (And yes, I have other much more boring tasks too...)