Board name

Old 11-03-2010, 06:49 AM

ssgramma was one I picked up 10+ years ago when dear GD #1 was born. Turns out I'm not "Gramma" though. I am actually Granny D ;-)
Old 11-03-2010, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by amazon
My board name is from a nickname that I acquired in the 5th grade . I towered over all but one of the boys and we were studying Greek mythology one semester and someone said, "Hey, Mrs Caine, Daphne looks just like one of the Amazon Warriors in the pic", and the rest is history.Well, it was shortened to just Amazon. Better than the other one though, my mom sewed most of our clothes and crop pants were the " in thing" mine were green .. I wore my new outfit to school the next day.. one of my guy friends said You waitin on a flood.. we swapped insults back and forth awhile then he says Oh, you know I'm just kidding Jolly Green Giant. I'm 6 ft. and comfortable with my height, which sure comes in handy when you need something off the top shelf :-D
You go girl. I was also like you towering over all my friends. My BFF was very short & my mom called us "Mutt & Jeff" after an old comic strip. HAve been tallest one all my life. Wore a size 10 shoe in the 6 th grade. My DGD is in the 2nd grade, youngest one in the class & a head taller than any of them. She is going to be a tall girl too. She already wears a size 5 in womens shoes. Comes in handy at the store when all those little short people can't reach the top shelf at wally world.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by Debra Mc
Originally Posted by amazon
My board name is from a nickname that I acquired in the 5th grade . I towered over all but one of the boys and we were studying Greek mythology one semester and someone said, "Hey, Mrs Caine, Daphne looks just like one of the Amazon Warriors in the pic", and the rest is history.Well, it was shortened to just Amazon. Better than the other one though, my mom sewed most of our clothes and crop pants were the " in thing" mine were green .. I wore my new outfit to school the next day.. one of my guy friends said You waitin on a flood.. we swapped insults back and forth awhile then he says Oh, you know I'm just kidding Jolly Green Giant. I'm 6 ft. and comfortable with my height, which sure comes in handy when you need something off the top shelf :-D
You go girl. I was also like you towering over all my friends. My BFF was very short & my mom called us "Mutt & Jeff" after an old comic strip. HAve been tallest one all my life. Wore a size 10 shoe in the 6 th grade. My DGD is in the 2nd grade, youngest one in the class & a head taller than any of them. She is going to be a tall girl too. She already wears a size 5 in womens shoes. Comes in handy at the store when all those little short people can't reach the top shelf at wally world.
As a short person I thank you for helping reach the top shelf. It is so frustrating to have to climb.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:12 AM

Whenever I have had to choose a name or password...it is always taken. So I chose Zephyr because we lived in Zephyrhills, Fl. for 25 years and loved it there. That name has only been taken once. A zephyr is a gentle breeze, so that's ok with me.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:13 AM

Actually my parents came up with my Board name 68 years ago ;-)
Old 11-03-2010, 07:21 AM

Mine is the name of the farm I used to have. We had 160 acres with a little creek that just kind of wandered through the property so we called our place Wandering Creek Ranch and had bison, horses, a few pigs, always a cow for the freezer and of course chickens, ducks and geese. I miss it terribly and I guess it is just a way of keeping a little piece of it with me.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:27 AM

Mine is in honor of my two very precious "kids" - Teddy and Sky :D
Old 11-03-2010, 07:32 AM

Your avatar makes me grin every time I see it :)

Originally Posted by lauriejo
Well I do get a little more lively after I get my caffeine fix. lol

It is a take on "fun couple" that we are told all the time by our friends, so it just stuck.
Claudia (and hubby)

That is sweet!!

Originally Posted by Fiber Artist
Hubby calls me his little Fiber Artist.