Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
weight loss challenge with a prize feb sign up.........closes feb 2 @ 8am >

weight loss challenge with a prize feb sign up.........closes feb 2 @ 8am

weight loss challenge with a prize feb sign up.........closes feb 2 @ 8am

Old 02-27-2011, 01:40 PM

CAROLJ I know you mentioned it the other day but I can't find it now. I was wondering how much weight you lost total and what you changed besides riding your bike? I hope you don't mind me asking It helps me get inspired to do something about my weight when I hear others success stories. Month 2 and not much accomplished. I really need to get off my butt and actually be consistant with the changes I make. ;-)
Old 02-27-2011, 01:46 PM

I'm not "walking" but does moving boxes to the right rooms count as weight lifting, cardio, and aerobic exercise...
still putting the house back together...
Considering that we've had to eat out twice a day for two months, losing 4 pounds is a huge lose for me :D I lose those the first week of the month but haven't lost any more but also haven't gain :D...not complaining
Old 02-27-2011, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Rita's mom
CAROLJ I know you mentioned it the other day but I can't find it now. I was wondering how much weight you lost total and what you changed besides riding your bike? I hope you don't mind me asking It helps me get inspired to do something about my weight when I hear others success stories. Month 2 and not much accomplished. I really need to get off my butt and actually be consistant with the changes I make. ;-)
I have lost about 75 pounds since mid June. I ride several times a week. When I first started it was to the end of my block and back. Then a couple of blocks. When I got to a mile I thought I was doing good! Today I did about 15 miles, so I have improved a lot.

To help lose the weight, I keep a food journal, count calories, reduced my red meat, increased my water and vegetable intake. Plus get support and ideas from here. I didn't make major changes, just little changes at a time. I did the easiest things first, such as drink more water and eat three meals a day.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:16 PM

Rita's Mom, I too love to read success stories and see peoples before and after pictures. Go on line and type in weight loss success stories and there are PILES of sites with before/after pictures and success stories. I love to look at those, as it's motivating to me. Some sites will have the success stories broken down by poundage lost: 25-50; 50-75; 75-100 and such. Let me know....

I will be starting SLOWLY on my bike, due to my knee. I am concerned the cortisone is wearing off. My knee was pain free for 16 days, then yesterday and today, it has hurt so bad. I'm hoping it was just off days for the knee. I'm thinking positive. The shot is working, the shot is working, the shot is working..... Sandy
Old 02-27-2011, 08:27 PM
Banned

I ate like a porker today, I just don't feel full and I am hungry. It is 11pm and I had a bowl of grits. This was my day. Breakfast cottage cheese with fruit........lunch chicken noodle soup 1/2 ham samdwcih.......dinner hamburger on a 1/2 bun. snack.......about 8 slices of ham.......snack 2 large scones with about 2 tbsp butter, 3 tbsp blackberry jam and 3 tbsp orange marmalade......1 pt blueberries and 1 ginger cookie. I realized I didn't have any veggies or salad I don't know why I ate crap instead. I did exercise 20 minutes but it was only once not twice only because it is Sunday and I felt I shoudn't exercise at all due to religious beliefs not cause I was lazy. Tomorrow is another day.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:34 PM

Happy birthday, Carol. I will hit a big one with a 0 on Tuesday. Lots of March birthdays here, it seems.

I'm giving away my Schwinn Airdyne exercise bike. I can't stand the lack of scenery change. I may be sorry later, but such is life.

If I haven't gained this month, I'll be happy. Cortisone and forced inactivity doesn't make for weight loss for me. February was fabric for guys. H-m-m. I'll have to go look to see what's there. I don't think my florals count.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:39 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I am so disgusted with myself!!!!!! I was doing so good staying below 235 mark, just floating there between 230 and 235,and some how I blew it. Good thing I haven't made all my block's for my fat quilt. LOL!!!
Old 02-27-2011, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Originally Posted by DonnaD
Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, May you feel Jesus near every day of the year. Happy Birthday to you, Oh, Happy Birthday to you and the best one that you ever had.... That's me singing.
I don't think you will ever be on America's Got Talent you have a crappy singing voice. :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:
As I so often say to DH... Bite me.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:00 PM

Thanks CAROLJ, congrats that is a great accomplishment! I will weigh in the morning but I know I haven't stuck with anything enough to make a difference. I get so mad at myself because I don't stay committed long enough to make much of a difference in my weight.

cjomomma don't be too hard on yourself, look how far you have come. You and all of the others who have lost weight should give yourselves big hugs. And thank you for being such good inspirations for all of us on this thread.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by Rita's mom
Thanks CAROLJ, congrats that is a great accomplishment! I will weigh in the morning but I know I haven't stuck with anything enough to make a difference. I get so mad at myself because I don't stay committed long enough to make much of a difference in my weight.

cjomomma don't be too hard on yourself, look how far you have come. You and all of the others who have lost weight should give yourselves big hugs. And thank you for being such good inspirations for all of us on this thread.
Try setting a nonweight loss goal. Such as drinking more water. Look ar changing to a healther way of life.