Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop! >

August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

Old 08-23-2011, 06:19 PM

Omigosh guys! Look at these bookmarks. They are just darling and made from trash?!?! All I need to buy is ribbon. Wow. Such cute and clever ideas for recycling things.

Missy
Attached Thumbnails attachment-246022.jpe  
Old 08-23-2011, 06:43 PM

Whew! I've been gone since saturday so it took quite a while to catch up. So much going on with so many of us. Just know that I pray daily for each and every one of you.
I was gone on a quilting weekend and had so much fun. It was a lovely cabin sitting next to a beautiful river. Everyone was in awe of my quilting ability. I'm not really that good; it's just that they are afraid to try.
Here's something I hope to give you a chuckle. My mantle clock wound down while I was gone so I re-set it and wound it. At 8 o'clock I was thinking of going for a walk but I looked outside and it was totally dark. I had set it wrong and it was really 9 o'clock. Stupid me!
Old 08-23-2011, 07:22 PM
elm

I'm ready for the heat/humidity to improve where I live also.
The whole country has had quite a summer. We all deserve something good.
Originally Posted by createfourpaws
Originally Posted by elm
createforpaws
Good for you for taking the time to rant. That's the first step. Start back by taking little steps. Even if it's only for a few minutes a day, do something you really enjoy. Keep checking in to the board. Be well.
Yes it does help. I am doing what I can when I can. I know I am ready for this heat here in Texas to cool down.

I am also getting more on my Scentsy business going. I hope to increase those sales as well.

Cindy
Old 08-23-2011, 10:32 PM

I am so sorry that you lost your Sammy. It's been 2+ years and I still have a hole in my heart for our KC. Just remember the joy he brought you and the love he received. Hugs
Gail
Originally Posted by purplemem
My little dog, Sammy, died this morning. He was 11, my blonde chihuahua. I rescued him from the dog pound, someone had starved him and beaten him, he had internal injuries. I brought him home and he was bonded to me for 10 years.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by createfourpaws
Originally Posted by scrapngmom
Createfourpaws, I have an idea of what you are going through. My mom has fallen and broken her arm, her back collapsed last year and she was bedridden for over three months--we never thought she would sit up or walk again. I was devestated because I am the child that takes care of her, even though I have a sister who lives 7 miles from her (I live 80 miles away). There is so much stress that it is hard to even think about eating healthy. My heart goes out toyou. Please remember though you need to try and stay healthy, not only for yourself, but for your mother, family and friends that love you, including us on the board. We would miss you sorely if anything bad happened to you.

Karen
Thanks Karen, I live at my parents. we converted the garage into an apartment for me.

I am trying as i dont wont to look like some of my patients I see at the hospital. That should be the motivation I need. There are times I do what I should and time I get so down that I just cant go forward.

I am the only one of all the siblings that can help with my parents. It is challenging for me. It takes lots of prayers on my part not to lose my mind.
four paws, Don't let everything in your life get you down. My mom lived with us four 3 years before she passed away. It was very challenging taking care of her. I gained weight and felt crummy most of the time. I became very depressed and was generally overwhelmed. Thank God one of moms nurses saw what was happening and got help for me. Live your life one day at a time. Do the best you can with healthy eating and stay on top of your diabetis - that is so important. Know that we are here for you and will provide all the support we can. My prayers are with you and your family. God Bless.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:47 AM

Good morning to all.

Yesterday was a good day for me. I slept very well last night. I contribute it to the healthy eating and exercise I have been doing but I think it was mostly because we got a good storm late yesterday and it cooled it down considerably. Mid 70's....and, surprising, not too high humidity. Felt pretty good.

My prayers go out to the folks along the east coast that were in the earthquake yesterday. I am hearing this morning that the damage was a little worse than was being reported at first. Also, we need to keep the folks that will be in the hurricane's path in our prayers.

Ya'll have a wonderful, blessed day.
Old 08-24-2011, 03:17 AM

I am very excited. I have lost 15 pounds now. 8 since I started this challenge. I am still avoiding bread and sweets. I am also still working out at the gym 4 days a week. I intend to lose this weight this time.
Old 08-24-2011, 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by glassnquilts
I am very excited. I have lost 15 pounds now. 8 since I started this challenge. I am still avoiding bread and sweets. I am also still working out at the gym 4 days a week. I intend to lose this weight this time.
Great job.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:04 AM

Y'all are doing a great job losing weight. I am very proud for all of you.

Thank you so much for the expressions of sympathy and comfort. It was an awful day yesterday, dh and I could not stop crying. I'm a little better today.

Sammy was my companion for 10 years, he slept with me every night. We even took him on vacation. Last night was lonely.

We have Lulu, and she is a comfort. She is our only chihuahua now. She is now 5 months old and weighs 5 pounds. When I woke up she was laying in my arms, that's the first time she did that. Maybe she is moving into the comforting mode?

We have Honey, our lab/collie mix, but she sleeps in the living room, and we have Motice, (Mo Mo) our miniature poodle, he sleeps in the living room with Honey. All of dogs now are "dumped" dogs. We live on a cove in the county and people drive out here and dump their dogs. Honey and MoMo are constant companions. We got them at diff times, but they are only a year apart in age. Honey thinks MoMo is her baby. She looks for him every time we take him to the groomer, and waits by the door until he comes home.

Thanks for listening. I hardly ate anything yesterday. Grief is good for the diet.

Hugs,
MJ
Old 08-24-2011, 10:03 AM

Just wanted to say Good morning to you all. I am at work but can't stop thinking about you guys. Just wanted to let you know you all are in my thoughts.

Karen

PS Cindy: I love Scentsy. I will keep you in mind next time I need to reorder my bars.