Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
BLACK AND WHITE SAMPLER SWAP >

BLACK AND WHITE SAMPLER SWAP

BLACK AND WHITE SAMPLER SWAP

Old 05-23-2009, 02:54 PM

Saravincent ~ I found your block on page 14. I'm with Coletta...what do the men know...it's black and white and will fit in with the other blocks. :)

I've been side track and hope to finish my first set this weekend and get started on the second. I have three left to complete of the first set.

[IMG]http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/q...ojects/sew.gif[/IMG]
Old 05-23-2009, 03:30 PM

Hey saravincent, I love your block!! Tell the guys in your life to let up or I'll get mad :wink:
Old 05-23-2009, 03:42 PM
Power Poster

Sara....just tell those guys to BE QUIET!!! I love it and if you don't make it...send me the sample..I'll use it! Tell them it won't matter to them as you are swapping them anyway--just to make sure they keep their opinions to themselves!
Old 05-23-2009, 03:52 PM

Thanx friends who REALLY know how to rate me! Well, actually it isn't my fav, but what do you expect for a sample.
Old 05-23-2009, 04:03 PM

of course I can find them, but if you hadn't said anything, I would have just said, WHOA, MAMA! That is a lot of work!
I'm thinking red sashing and red butterflies flitting here and there.
Nice job, bluechick!
Old 05-23-2009, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by saravincent
Thanx friends who REALLY know how to rate me! Well, actually it isn't my fav, but what do you expect for a sample.
I just can't quite shake the feeling that the only reason hubby and son would say anything is because they want to make some blocks and get involved. I would put them to work!
Did you have fun with making that block? There are a lot of angles, shapes, etc, and I can see where it could go really simple or as complicated as you would like.
I can see making twelve of that same block in twelve different ways.
But, that isn't any fun if it isn't your favorite block, anyway...
sorry those mean boys made you cry :( but, maybe they gave you permission to do a block you really wanted to do, eh?
Old 05-23-2009, 04:19 PM

Remember the block I tried as a sample (page 19 of this post), well, my honey and my son both saw it today and said it was terrible and too "noisy". Sob sob.
Are you KIDDING?? I love that block!! They obviously do NOT know what they are talking about!!!
Old 05-23-2009, 06:51 PM

Remember the block I tried as a sample (page 19 of this post), well, my honey and my son both saw it today and said it was terrible and too "noisy". Sob sob.
Grab the car keys honey! We are going to cure that man from 'stressing' you out and making you 'doubt' your creativity....give that car full gas all the way to your LQS....and, load up! There is a yard for every 5min of lost sleep...1yrd for any undue worry x how much x you worried...then the lack of confidence so you will have to buy double of things cause you now can't decide...(I love that one!) oh, and notions too....heck maybe a new machine....it might just fix that prob they found for you:O) That will fix it....100% cured! It took 1 trip.....that has been over 20yrs ago...:)S
Old 05-23-2009, 06:59 PM

Sara vincent - what do they know! I agree that they should try to make one block!! I think your block is beautiful the way it is! I would love to have one included in my quilt!!!
Oh but I would never turn down shopping therapy!! Especially at you LQS!! There would be nothing better!!! Then it would be funny to see his face!!!
In my humble opinion - don't change a thing!
Kendra
Old 05-23-2009, 08:30 PM

It's great Sara and don't let anyone tell you anything different!

BC. That would make a gorgeous quilt with some sashing between the blocks. I'd love one!!