Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am >

weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am

weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am

Old 03-16-2011, 04:32 PM

Missy - don't worry.. we all love you!
Old 03-16-2011, 05:30 PM

Well, I missed 4 days and had another 30 posts to read. I tried but will have to try again later. I'm going to finish handquilting a queen size quilt this week. And I already started piecing another for when I'm done. Giving the queen to my mom for her birthday. Keeping the next one. Then I have to start quilts for three of the grandsons. All requested one for Christmas with an animal theme, a deer, a bear, and a wolf. Found fabric for all three online. I love ebay.

Didn't post my weight Monday but I did weigh and I was up 1.3 pounds. I bet it was the fish fry on Friday night at church. I ate like a pig. Catfish, slaw, fries, fried okra, hushpuppies, and chocolate pie. I probably got enough fat grams for the whole month in that one meal. It's not fair that you have to be good for 40 meals to lose a pound but one meal will put it all back on.

I read where some of you were sick and some were doing the happy dance and some lost and some gained and the world goes round and round. Hope everyone is over whatever plagued them and the losers keep losing and the gainers stop gaining. Including me. I am so mad. But I won't deny it was great fun having a meal with friends.

My BFF is getting ready for lapband. She has started the pre-diet and the counseling. She weighs 469 pounds. Pray for her. I fear that if she doesn't get some of that off she will die. And BFF's are so hard to find.

I am sick of working and want to quit. Working really cuts into my quilting time, my online time, my shopping for fabric time... Just as soon as my ship comes in I'm outta there...

Soda update! Read an article in one of my nursing mags about the relationship between diet soda increased risks of stroke and heart attack. Rates go up like 50%. It is the aspartame that causes it. So another reason for stopping the diet soda. And diabetes stops me drinking the full sugar kind. So no more soda... (crying) I have to watch those water thingies too. Most of the crystal lights and the other brands have aspartame. Although I noticed a few crystal light flavors are using something else now, thank goodness.

I think this catches me up. lol And thanks to all who have sent me FQs. I have already cut up all but two for the new quilt I'm making for me. It's scrappy...I'll post a pic when I get it together.

hugs and kisses

Donna
Old 03-16-2011, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
Today was such a blessing! And boy, am I tired!

I got to spend 5 whole hours with my Mama and Daddy. We had so much fun looking at patterns and talking about quilts. She absolutely loved her presents. We played and played with scraps and possibilities.

Mama cooked us a hamburger for lunch. We had fresh iced tea and homemade lemon cake for dessert.

It was just a fun and festive time! She really liked the baby quilt I'm doing, I sewed a seam on backwards so I have to rip and sew tonight. Or early tomorrow.

Thanks for the well wishes. Oh! and I got the sequel to yesterday's book in the mail today: "Fortunate Harbor".
So glad you had such a wonderful day!!!
Old 03-16-2011, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
So sad today...

My special friend that I told you about decided that I am not worth her time anymore.

Night before last I took a brave step and decided to share with her that I have a mental illness. I felt like she had the right to know about it sooner rather than later.

All she did was ask exactly what my symptoms were with the schizophrenia and she has not responded to my email.

I think the ultimate irony is that when you are gay you deal with people making judgments about us just based on our sexuality. She is one person that has experienced a lot of that and yet here she is making judgments about me.

Ugh. So so sad tonight.

I am taking my meds a bit early tonight and going to go to bed to watch tv and hopefully fall asleep sooner rather than later.

Missy
I am so VERY sorry to hear about your friend.
God loves you just the way you are!
Old 03-16-2011, 05:50 PM

Donna, thanks for the update on diet drinks. They got rid of saccarine and look what they replaced it with!

Missy. I wouldn't tell anyone you have a mental illness until they know who you really are. I work with children whom have mental illnesses and the world thinks it is going to catch it. Principals don't want my students on their campus associating with other students. The one school I was at we were to eat lunch when no other students were out. My kids are great! They are better behaved than the regular education kids.

Wait a bit, before telling. Once people associate with those who have a mental illness they soon realize, they don't foam at the mouth, bark at the moon or walk around with knives muttering Redrum!

If you wait, they will know you, not the stereotype protrayed by Hollywood. People fear what they don't understand.

Take heart, you now know she was to narrow minded to be someone you wanted to be "friends" with. You have a lot to give and there is someone out there for you. Concentrate on getting healthy and your love life will fall into place.

Just some advice from an old woman who has been around the block a few times. Love ya' Carol
Old 03-16-2011, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Jennifer22206
Missy - don't worry.. we all love you!
Ditto!
Old 03-16-2011, 07:13 PM

Long trip to Texas and back again...
The unexpected death of my father, has left my heart heavy.
I missed my wt in on Mon... I do not expect any loss of wt.
My being online will be hit or miss for a week or so as I recoop from this ordeal.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by bluteddi
My being online will be hit or miss for a week or so as I recoop from this ordeal.
I am so sorry for your loss! Prayers and big hugs sent your way. God Bless you~ Sandy
Old 03-16-2011, 07:56 PM

Missy.....pure and simple.....we all love you!!! Hold your head up high, be proud of the wonderful and fun person you are, and the "right" person will come along when you least expect it. I hope you get a good night's sleep. Love you!! Sandy
Old 03-16-2011, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by bluteddi
I am so sorry about your father. My prayers are with you and your family. Carol