Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST >

August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

Old 08-14-2012, 06:12 PM

My mother is a HUGE Elvis fan too. She went to one concert of his with her twin sister in Nov 1976. Both of them were 7 months pregnant at the time, with my cousin and me. Aparently, I was quite the problem child that night, I wouldn't stop moving throughout that whole concert, plus I also prevented her from being able jump over the fence when they were standing a few feet from him.

Originally Posted by Knitette View Post
This is my swap from Grandma Peg - she read on my profile page that I'm a big fan of Elvis and gave me two whole yards of Elvis fabric I had never seen before! Also some fabric in my favourite bright colours, cute pumpkin buttons, a book by an author I'd not heard of and handmade items too! (I ate one of the chocolate bars pre-photo - delicious![ATTACH=CONFIG]355402[/ATTACH]
Thank you so much Peg - I'm delighted!
Old 08-14-2012, 06:13 PM

You gals make giggle...I needed it tonight went to urgent care with a migraine today.....thanks for making feel better....and I'm still waiting for my sp box.....
Old 08-14-2012, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by kountrykreation View Post
Would that be .... 1) land of oil wells, swimmin' pools and movie stars

or

2) land of oil wells, cattle, and cotton?

or

3) neither, not even close?
How about adding yellow roses to the mix? Does that help? And it did get mailed priority today, at long last.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Pants just ain't sassy without a cigar.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]355458[/ATTACH]
Take note for Sept swap. I covet that hat.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:44 PM

Let's see if I can narrow down the recipient in the largest state in the lower 48. Hmmmm. It is going to a city the opposite of Big Forest. Recipient is not keen on Pumpkins and Witches.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Oh no!!! I am going there NOW!!!

Wanna race an old lady (me)?

Last edited by SharonAnne; 08-14-2012 at 06:57 PM.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:50 PM

Wow Jaba I cannot believe what terrible condition that was in, the book looks bad and the candy bar looks crushed and tell me was the package open because I am sure there were buttons and a pen in there.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by SEGASAL View Post
Finally got to the post office...made my SP some squishies this morning....with vacation and everything else going on....I feel like I totally slacked on this SP box....hopefully she likes everything that she got...My box is going WAAAAAAAAAAAY west of me.....and I know in this state you can go whale watching....which I would love to do!

Oooo....I live in a state where they do whale watching. But then, so does Oregon.

I'll wait patiently (who am I kidding!)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]355548[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails waiting-mailman.jpg  
Old 08-14-2012, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by LAQUITA View Post
Have you ever noticed the heels of a shoe by that name???? Long, Tall & pointy???? (all I could come up with anyway!!!) LOL

They were very pretty I liked them also!
Wikipedia StilettoeOriginsFirst developed in Italy, the stiletto dates from the late 1400s, and is thought to be a development of the rondel dagger or misericordia, a needle-pointed weapon with a narrow blade designed primarily for thrusting, though possessing cutting edges.[SUP][6][/SUP][SUP][7][/SUP] Early stilettos normally used a one-piece cast-metal handle which was shaped and turned on a lathe. The stiletto blade was usually hammer-forged into a dense rod with a narrow, triangular cross section, without any sharpened edges. However, other examples of the period have emerged bearing round, square, or diamond cross sections.
The Italian word "stiletto" comes from the Latin stilus,[SUP][8][/SUP] the thin pointed Roman writing instrument used to engrave wax or clay tablets in ancient times. The stiletto began to gain fame during the late Middle Ages, when it was the secondary weapon of knights.[SUP][9][/SUP] Originally designed as a purely offensive weapon, the stiletto was used to finish off a fallen or severely wounded heavily armored opponent. The needle-like blade could easily penetrate most mail or find its way through gaps in a knight's plate armor, and was narrow enough to pass through the eye slits of the helmeted knight. A severely wounded opponent, who was not expected to survive, would be given a "mercy strike" (French coup de grâce), hence the name miséricorde. Later the Gunner's Stiletto became a tool for clearing cannon-fuse touch holes; used in the manner of an automotive oil dipstick, they were often inscribed with marks indicating levels of powder charges for ranging distance.[SUP][10..................and of course the shoe and the kind used for sewing / quilting....[/SUP]
Old 08-14-2012, 08:03 PM

Sharon Anne now tell me the truth, is it really the hat you want or is it truthfully that big ole' stogy????(cigar) if I didn't spell it right it's getting late here you know.
WandaLou it wasn't opened, a little bent but still fine. And the candy bar is delicious, going to the website tomorrow. Truly it is pumpkin pie, hubby thought it was great also!! No buttons or pen, don't know what to tell you over those. I really love that little pin cushion for my thread, I've looked and looked and seen the pattern or ideas.....then it's like paper piecing to me, lordy lordy drives me nuts. So thank you for your patience in being able to do these wee tiny little petals. Think I can do alot of things but I know this is absolutely not 1 of them. I may have to hire you to make me more.