Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • April Quilting in the New Year >
  • April Quilting in the New Year

• April Quilting in the New Year

Old 04-28-2011, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
    Yep!!!Bonni sounds like your getting your priorities straight. My pal from last month Debe sent me a pot holder done in paper piecing. She comvinced me to try it again. I'm so glad I did. I think I have the idea now of how it works. I made a few squares.One was flying geese(3 geese) one was a basket with a tulip in it. and the other was a scrappy heart. They came out pretty good. I was surprised,cause when I tried before I couldn't do it.The nice thing about paper piecing is how nice and sharp and crisp it looks.Now if I could just get my borders to look better.lol.
    Glad that you are getting the hang of paper piecing. I might try that again. I did buy an "add a quarter" ruler for it. This time I won't be using paper piecing for the projects but some day I might.
    Old 04-28-2011, 06:58 PM

Mary - Glad you were able to learn a new technique as well. Someday we might get to see that wonderful potholder. (I know can't post pictures) Glad to see you keeping tabs on us. Miss you in the swap.
    Old 04-28-2011, 07:11 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by dream56
    Mary - Glad you were able to learn a new technique as well. Someday we might get to see that wonderful potholder. (I know can't post pictures) Glad to see you keeping tabs on us. Miss you in the swap.
    Yeah I'm like a fungus that won't heal up and go away. lol.Hugs to all of you. Mary
    Old 04-28-2011, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
    Originally Posted by dream56
    Yeah I'm like a fungus that won't heal up and go away. lol.Hugs to all of you. Mary

It's a good fungus - and we love you. Hugs
    Old 04-29-2011, 09:21 AM

I am a pp junkie and I truly recommend Carol Doak. Her directions are so clear. AND if I can learn it anyone can. Seriously, I have blocks up about learning new things and I learned pp. If you have questions, I would be more than happy to help you.

Not perfect at it, but have come a long way :) Made a misktake last night that most people would have left but I tore it out and fixed it. (hush Bonni :))
    Old 04-29-2011, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by Conniequilts
    I am a pp junkie and I truly recommend Carol Doak. Her directions are so clear. AND if I can learn it anyone can. Seriously, I have blocks up about learning new things and I learned pp. If you have questions, I would be more than happy to help you.

Not perfect at it, but have come a long way :) Made a misktake last night that most people would have left but I tore it out and fixed it. (hush Bonni :))
    Awwww. you KNOW I can't keep quiet. :) Actually Connie did very good about her mistake and it really didn't take her long to fix it. She MUST be feeling good about it if she is volunteering to help people. She really is getting good at it.
    Old 04-29-2011, 09:33 AM

Thanks Bonni - you are too kind and no, it didn't take me long but it's ONLY because of something else I picked up elsewhere ;)

Originally Posted by BonniFeltz

Awwww. you KNOW I can't keep quiet. :) Actually Connie did very good about her mistake and it really didn't take her long to fix it. She MUST be feeling good about it if she is volunteering to help people. She really is getting good at it.
    Old 04-29-2011, 03:36 PM

Lookie Lookie what I have here. It's another sneak peek for Tisha. Can you tell the pattern yet Tisha?

Don't worry Karla. You're sneak peek will be posted sometime this weekend. :)

Gee, I sure hope I'm not giving too much of the pattern away with this GENEROUS peek. :lol:
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-190777.jpe  
    Old 04-29-2011, 04:05 PM

Let me guess: It's a circle?

Lookie Lookie what I have here. It's another sneak peek for Tisha. Can you tell the pattern yet Tisha?

Gee, I sure hope I'm not giving too much of the pattern away with this GENEROUS peek. :lol:
    Old 04-29-2011, 04:08 PM

Let me guess: It's a circle?

Oh goodie goodie! My hand applique must be getting better if you saw a circle. At one time it might have looked like a square. LOL.