November Mini Swap

Old 11-12-2014, 05:09 PM

That's a gorgeous heart ornament Teresa, I would definitely like to try to make one of those...someday. Letsquilt, lovely cornucopia quilt you made for Jaba!

Jan
Old 11-12-2014, 06:11 PM

Love that mini you received, Jaba!

Tlambing, cute lil heart orny!!

I have to say I'm struggling with my mini... only because it's a crazy quilt block, and I agonize over every little embellishment, embroidery stitch, etc. I do this on every crazy quilt block I make.
My daughter-in-law has told me if I didn't have so much fabric, buttons, charms, threads, etc, etc, etc to choose from that I wouldn't have such a hard time choosing stuff. I agreed with her, but oh well.

I have all but 1 seam and one lil area finished. Then I need to bind it, label it, and off it goes to my partner.
My difficulty in choosing stuff/changing my mind is one reason it took 3+ yrs to finish my Mom's crazy quilt...just finished for her 75th birthday in August.
And one reason twelve 15" blocks I have pieced and the centers all embellished will never be finished into a crazy quilt I was making for myself.
I think I'll "will" them to my daughter-in-law! Along with all of my fabrics...Teehee...
Kif
Old 11-13-2014, 12:54 AM
Power Poster

Kiffie I can just imagine how happy your mother was with her quilt. I have never made or had one of those. I always thought it was so talented of those who do. I do understand about changing my mind. I started out trying to do a new technique to challenge myself some more. Heck, I am already challenged just being me. lol... I tried doing some yarn art with couching on it on a nice fabric including a heavily stitched cornicopia that I think I created my own machine embroidery without the embroidery machine. lol.. When after that for awhile I couldn't get my machine to work right, I took all of that and threw it away. lol...I think all the extra threads was causing my fabric to start major gathering as I sewed. That alone ruined the mini. I have started over with some calm sewing. Hubby gave me a hand and we got the machine going again and working fine. (thank goodness) I will be gone tomorrow afternoon and back home tomorrow night, but then will be working on the mini some more. I don't think it will be too long before I send it off to it's rightful place.

Last edited by JuneBillie; 11-13-2014 at 12:57 AM.
Old 11-13-2014, 09:55 AM

Gorgeous little mini Letsquilt. I had a teaching partner many years ago who made those Scandinavian hearts out of paper. We both taught kindergarten and after she taught me how to make them, we decided it was too much for our little students. Trying to teach 4 and 5 year olds how to fold a piece of paper in half was difficult enough. I did teach 5th graders how to hand sew a quilt block. I loved watching the boys try to thread a needle. Most of the girls already had some clue how it was done, but the boys did not. Most of them held the thread still and tried to put the needle onto the thread. The best part was watching one young man try to explain to another how it was done.
Old 11-14-2014, 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by JuneBillie View Post
Kiffie I can just imagine how happy your mother was with her quilt. I have never made or had one of those. I always thought it was so talented of those who do. I do understand about changing my mind. I started out trying to do a new technique to challenge myself some more. Heck, I am already challenged just being me. lol... I tried doing some yarn art with couching on it on a nice fabric including a heavily stitched cornicopia that I think I created my own machine embroidery without the embroidery machine. lol.. When after that for awhile I couldn't get my machine to work right, I took all of that and threw it away. lol...I think all the extra threads was causing my fabric to start major gathering as I sewed. That alone ruined the mini. I have started over with some calm sewing. Hubby gave me a hand and we got the machine going again and working fine. (thank goodness) I will be gone tomorrow afternoon and back home tomorrow night, but then will be working on the mini some more. I don't think it will be too long before I send it off to it's rightful place.

Mom did love the quilt...and enjoyed all the memories the items I used brought back for her. She cried, and I cried..

As far as my mini, I know I'll love what you send!
Good deal you and your dh got your machine going again..

I have your mini finished, I'll be mailing it out next week.

Regards,
Kif
Old 11-14-2014, 06:45 AM
Power Poster

Kiffie I know I will love mine too. I am so excited to see it. I still have some more to do to yours, but it won't be too long. Well, actually I should be mailing yours next week.

It is cold here this morning. Too cold!

Have a great day everyone.
Old 11-14-2014, 02:42 PM

Here's a lil sneak peek of the mini I made, will be mailing it on Monday:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]498806[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_20141114_164055.jpg  
Old 11-14-2014, 03:33 PM

Oh wow Kiffie!!

Jan
Old 11-16-2014, 04:14 PM

Busy working on finishing mini for this month .... wanted to upload a sneak preview but couldn't get it done, nothing works on this site so I'll get back to work.
Old 11-16-2014, 05:22 PM

I finished my top today! Tomorrow I machine quilt and bind! I'lll upload a sneak peek tomorrow night!