Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New magazine--Quilt >

New magazine--Quilt

New magazine--Quilt

Old 01-07-2010, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Sarah CA
Eddie, Since you subscribe to these mags, are there any you would recommend over the others? Which ones are better, which ones are not? I want to subscribe to them all, but not sure which ones to chose.
I enjoy all your posts and your help. Awesome to have men on here.
Hugs to all of you,
Sarah in CA

Originally Posted by Eddie
Originally Posted by adrianlee
Originally Posted by Eddie
I got that offer and did sign up for it yesterday.

And on a related note, I found that I had to create an Excel spreadsheet to keep up with my quilting magazine subscriptions so I wouldn't inadvertently subscribe to the same one twice, LOL! It tracks the name, number of issues, subscription date, expire date, amount paid, etc. Hopefully, I'll keep it all straight!
Eddiie, how many quilting mags to do you since getting bit by the quilting bug? I got this ad in the mail too and am signing up for it. My other sewing magzine is Threads.
I sometimes wish I had Excel, but my new computer doesn't have it.
I get 6 different ones (see below). Anyone know any good ones that I'm missing out on??? :D

Quilter's World
The Quilter
Fons & Porter - Love of Quilting
McCall's Quilting
American Quilter's Society
Quilt
i like the quiltmaker. i get everything you get and quiltmaker. i don't quilters newsletter.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:21 PM

I called the 1-800 number - was told I HAD to have the code number off the card - anybodys card - doesn't matter whose card or code # - can somebody post their code number off their card so any of us can get this fantastic offer? Thank you!
Old 01-07-2010, 06:40 PM

try again. what the heck - it's an 800 #, right? i think it depends on who answers the phone. the first time i called, they said no. the second time, they said yes. go figure.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:11 PM

I too would like to know if you could order only one subscription of a quilting magazine what would you get? at our quilt guild they offered F&P at a really cheap price but I was not real impressed with the magazine. I log my quilt patterns that I buy on an excel spread sheet. I also do this with my stamps and scrapbooking supplies (punchess, etc) I'm trying to get my daughter to list all the books she received at her baby shower in excel. Am I obsessed or what?
Old 01-07-2010, 07:14 PM

super organized wow !
Old 01-07-2010, 07:21 PM

until now what i always did was i sent myself an email and on the reference line i typed "Quiltmaker J/F 2010". that told me that Quiltmaker mag expired with the january/february issue of 2010. since it appeared on the topic line, i never had to open it. when it came through to my inbox i automatically put it into a folder called subscriptions. to see everything at once, i just had to click on the folder called subscriptions and everything came up in a column. i could check and see what was coming due without ever opening an email (which was empty anyway).
Old 01-07-2010, 09:21 PM

I like records, some anyway. For my car and my hubby's rig, we keep log books of when we gas up. It's set up as: date, where, cost per gal, how many gals, the mileage, the short mileage to keep track of the tankful, and we've been doing this for 37+ years. I was keeping a log book when I was in my early 20's. And no I wasn't driving a model T., should anyone ask. we also record oil changes, etc. also when new tires go on and snow tires go off. It's nice to look at this from time to time. Even our pantry has a record keeping system or sorts. So I think it's great to keep record of quilting and sewing and the things related to it.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:31 PM

I got one and send my subscription in 2 days ago. Looks like it will be a good one. Also renewed Fons and Porter. No I just need to find the time and money to make all the quilts I want to make!!
Old 01-07-2010, 09:44 PM

I didnt get anything in the mail either.....how can I get into this? It sounds like a good one, and a really good price too..... do they have a website?
Old 01-07-2010, 11:10 PM

I didn't know you could extend your subscription on a special rate for more then one year...gonna try that one. I got the card in the mail too, and jumped on it. I have subscribed to Fons and Porter, so I get the Easy Quilts magazine too when I joined Quilters Club, but also McCalls, love that one, and Better Homes and Gardens Quilt mag. I would love to get them all, but can't do it. I just keep going through them over and over and pretend they are new ones..teehee...