Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Does anyone own a Husqvarna? >

Does anyone own a Husqvarna?

Does anyone own a Husqvarna?

Old 03-05-2010, 10:13 AM

Location: From WI then Denver then Houston and now Hainesville, IL

I have a Sapphire 830 also, and would NOT trade it even to go up a level...
About the only thing it doesn't have that I would like is the "low thread in bobbin" feature that lets you know to change bobbin.
Other than that, I have had it 3 years and just took to have tune up... (oops! should have done sooner, I know!But there weren't any issues!)
Just my two cents- You need to get a Husqvarna!
Old 03-05-2010, 10:18 AM

Location: From WI then Denver then Houston and now Hainesville, IL

[Didn't used to understand why people had so many sewing machines....but now I'd also like to have my late mother in law's white Featherweight too. And I have my grandmother's treadle machine....can we have too many?[/quote]

Started with the Husqvarna, added the Baby Lock Emore for embroidery, then small Janome for classes... Then was given old Singer treadle machine table so HAD to buy a 1939 Singer to go in the there didn't I???????????? ... Think I am done now... ????

:?
Old 03-05-2010, 01:16 PM

I have an emerald that I love, but I do have an issue when trying to fMQ. I can't get the tension right. I have tried all suggestions and nothing works. Other than that, I love it.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:36 PM

I have owned a Husqvarna (Viking) sewing machine since 1981. Simply love, love, love them. Very user friendly and almost needs no service. Can't go wrong.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:39 PM

My wonderful red 6570 is also still going...since 1981. I also have a Designer 1 and also think it is a wonderful machine.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:45 AM

Have a Viking Designer LE w/embroidery unit and love all the features: needle up/down, needle hover, speed control, settings for fabric selection, auto thread cutter and needle threader, fancy stitches including 1/4" quilting stitches, many feet, bobin notice, memory for designs and the website and SOS tech support and updates for your computer and machine. Most dealers give unlimited free lessons on how to use and some even have free clubs to aid in the learning process. Also, if the dealer you bought from goes out of business or you move, my experience is that the dealer you choose can take up and continue to teach you. Also, most of the dealers have a certified repair person to take care of your machine and if they can't repair it, then they send it to Ohio. I also have a 936 Serger. You can't go wrong with a Viking.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:43 AM

It's fun reading through these posts. I have for years stood by my viking - but everyone around here seems to think they aren't worth much in comparison to Bernina.

Thanks, everyone, for confirming my faith in the viking machines!! :thumbup:
Old 03-06-2010, 10:04 PM

My friend bought a Bernina when I bought my Viking, and the Bernina has started breaking apart./ The sewing table, cracked, the bobbin case, chipped, costly repairs Mine is still going strong and I love it. The Bernina was nearly twice as expensive.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:10 PM

Quilt mom I love mine been seing on them for over 20 years... had the others but in my opinion they cant compair in price and what they do and very very low maintance.... 3 times in 20 years for my old girl and that was just because I was there at a class and the teck said he check if any of us wanted him to...
It was just fine ....Connie
Old 03-06-2010, 10:30 PM

I have a Viking Designer 2 with embrodery attachment. I love it! Had it 4 years now and never any problems. I love the needle down and all the buttons for raising the presser foot etc. Also love the thickness feature. You can mend jeans and go from the thick seams to one thickness without a problem. Good luck deciding.