Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
IRR Group 4 Round 3 Pictures >

IRR Group 4 Round 3 Pictures

IRR Group 4 Round 3 Pictures

Old 04-16-2010, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Mel....that is GORGEOUS!!!! Fabulous!!! WOW!!! Rachael...are you sure you really want that back??? I'll be happy to give it a home :wink:

Also Mel...sorry but I didn't get Gai's center ready to mail yesterday. I will be sending it today though....hope you get it quickly!
Ah, don't worry about it, one more day isn't giong to be the end of the world. Besides, with the time it takes to mail a parcel, chances are that when I do get it, I will have a new baby and won't even look at my sewing for a week or two :P
Old 04-16-2010, 06:31 AM
Power Poster

:lol: :lol: snort..snort...."quilter stealers anonymous".... :lol: :lol:

I know K.....I'm hanging my head is shame...but you know..life happens....it will go today..I promise.

:lol: :lol: The biggest laugh of all is Mel saying that she will be busy for "a week or two".... :lol: :lol: Mel honey...try the "rest of your life!!!" :lol: :lol: You'll just have to assign Sasha babysitting duties so you can sew... :D
Old 04-16-2010, 06:46 AM

Could you explain to me what you are doing? What is an IRR group? Thanks Debbie
Old 04-16-2010, 02:45 PM

Mel...my son's quilt I started when he was two sat for four years - that's how long it took me to get BACK to quilting....somehow little babies just take your life in directions you can never imagine. I don't think any of us would not understand if you don't stitch again for quite some time! Just check in with us so we can help watch your baby grow...he'll love having his quilty aunties!!
Old 04-16-2010, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
:lol: :lol: snort..snort...."quilter stealers anonymous".... :lol: :lol:

I know K.....I'm hanging my head is shame...but you know..life happens....it will go today..I promise.

:lol: :lol: The biggest laugh of all is Mel saying that she will be busy for "a week or two".... :lol: :lol: Mel honey...try the "rest of your life!!!" :lol: :lol: You'll just have to assign Sasha babysitting duties so you can sew... :D
Lol, yeah, that's what I meant, ha ha. So far I've had so many ppl offering to watch the baby that I may have to fight some ppl to see my own kid! Sasha's done school now, so he'll just be working 37 hours a week, he has no more 'I'm tired' excuses to use, he can watch the baby, cook and clean just like me... then I'll have time to do a bit of sewing here and there :)
Old 04-16-2010, 04:10 PM
Power Poster

:lol: :lol: I'm just messin' with you Mel....I know that you will get Sasha to watch for you....just please let us know if you do need some help on these next rounds...!! :D We're all here for you!
Old 04-16-2010, 04:13 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by coastienest
Could you explain to me what you are doing? What is an IRR group? Thanks Debbie
There are 10 IRR groups of 6 people this year. It is a Round Robin, but we call it International Round Robin because we are lucky enough to have members around the world participating. We all make a center square, then we mail it to the "next" person in our "group" They will then add a border (of a designated size) to the center..then they will mail it to the "next" person in the group and so on until it makes its way back to the orignal "owner" of the center as a finished quilt top ready to be sandwiched and quilted. It is a ton of fun! Follow along with us and then join us next year! I'm sure there will be another sign up for IRR3 sometime in the fall.

:D
Old 04-16-2010, 05:20 PM
Banned

OK, Patti, here it is. Tah Dah!! I'm happy with it, but I will say that sewing that "ruched" border was a pain. JoeAnn's applique was just 1/4 inch from the edge, and even though she used a Moda Fabric, it frayed. In fact, I had to cut a teeny piece of an appliqued leaf off to add my border. And the left edge of my foot kept slipping on either the ruching, the applique, the beading or all three! Arrrrrggghhhh! But still, I really like how it looks. The ruched fabric is a Michael Miller Fairy Frost. But if you don't like it, I can take it off, and put on a plain border of the green. Just let me know.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-62750.jpe   attachment-62751.jpe   attachment-62752.jpe  
Old 04-16-2010, 06:35 PM

oh my Gai, that is stunning. I've never seen that technique.

In the grand scheme, I cannot see that one section of the leaf even showing up. Guess it's a lesson in spacing for all of us - keep your applique and piecing at least 1/2 in from the edge!!
Old 04-16-2010, 08:22 PM

Love that border!! Gorgeous fabrics.