TV commericials

Old 05-30-2010, 05:33 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Pam
Originally Posted by 2wheelwoman
I just read somewhere (wish I could find it) that if the rest of the world were to judge us by our commercials, Americans are constipated, depressed, drug users, and can't perform sexually without help.
That was me!
Pam, that is too funny !!! :D:D:D:D:D:
Old 05-30-2010, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
Originally Posted by tigger5464
tigger!! according to your avatar, you say you shouldn't be here!! Now why is that??? We like you here!
I just don't fit in with too many people so no matter where I go, whatever I do or say I shouldn't be there. :D
Now STOP THAT or we will send you to the corner!

:-D

:thumbup: Ok....I don't mind being in the corner... :) As long as I can still watch the goings on here
Old 05-30-2010, 07:48 PM

male enhancement---I know there needs to be a way to get the word out how common this is, but kids watch these stations too.
Old 05-30-2010, 07:53 PM
Power Poster

I've been paying attention and we hit mute on the Dell "lollipop song" (it was cute the first 3 times and hit annoying soon after), the Kitkat where everybody crunches to the "give me a break...." theme. There is a new KFC commercial that has to do with crunchy chicken that gets the mute button and pretty much any Carl's Jr spot - I find them simply nasty.

One that annoys me but makes me laugh out loud: Colon Flow. No thanks - ROFL!
Old 05-30-2010, 08:05 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by fktsewing
male enhancement---I know there needs to be a way to get the word out how common this is, but kids watch these stations too.
Someone else posted something like "Why can't they make those late-night commercials??" My brother told me that when our Mom sees them she gets really embarrassed- I'm sure a lot of people do :D
Old 05-31-2010, 04:29 AM

hmm what did men do 100 years ago?? Did they worry about that stuff?? And yet, we all survived!
Old 05-31-2010, 04:43 AM

Tigger, if you don't belong here than neither do I. I quite often agree with what you say.
Old 05-31-2010, 05:09 AM

I can't stand any commercial that puts men down to the point that they are made to look like idiots - Men are not like that. Now, I would like to know was that a man ad agency or a woman ad agency that comes up with those down grading, ridiculous, ignorant, put down commercials. You advertise the product, what it does and that's it! Not who you can make look like a d=== fool. I really take exception to that. They never make women look like idiots, ever! And on that, I can honestly say that I have done some things in the last 50 years that are ten times more idiotic than my husband. Actually, to be totally honest, he's one heckuva guy and I just take exception (even if it is just a commercial - these kids will pick up on that stuff for sure - everyone talks about our "spongy kids" and how they can absorb stuff - mine included (who is now 45) to putting down anyone. It's not right, it's not funny.

Sorry I am running off at the mouth here, but that's how I feel about the commercials they are running on tv. Edie
Old 05-31-2010, 05:09 AM
Power Poster

hmm what did men do 100 years ago?? Did they worry about that stuff?? And yet, we all survived!
I think the life span was a lot shorter- nobody worried about it b/c they were dead :D:D:D:D
Old 05-31-2010, 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
I think the life span was a lot shorter- nobody worried about it b/c they were dead :D:D:D:D
ooh Sue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You MAY be right!! Can you think of your GF talking to your GM about that type of problem??? NO WAY!!!! hahaha--"b/c they were dead!!" hahaha

:thumbup: