Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Who is pictured under you name? >

Who is pictured under you name?

Who is pictured under you name?

Old 10-15-2010, 06:46 PM

My avatar is a baby black bear named Hope, who I fell in love with on-line. As part of a research project, The North American Bear Center in Ely, Minnesota installed a web-cam in Hope's mother, Lily's den last winter. Hope was actually born on camera and I have been watching her grow up ever since. After they left the den, Hope was abandoned by her mother a few times, once for a period of 5 or 6 weeks when she was only a few months old. Very emotional! If you're interested you can read all about her at http://bear.org.

My screen name, MinnieKat, is my cat's name ...

This is what Hope looks like today....
[ATTACH=CONFIG]89950[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-89945.jpe  
Old 10-15-2010, 06:49 PM

mine is a shamrock because i live in shamrock, ok. my screen name is for the first pic(she is poodle/chihuahua mix) her name is DG. the second pic is her sister (same mom) Go Away is shitzu/poodle/chihuahua. when we first got Go Away her sister wouldn't have anything to do with her and she started answering to it so i couldn't change it.

dg
[ATTACH=CONFIG]89766[/ATTACH]

go away
[ATTACH=CONFIG]89767[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-89761.jpe   attachment-89762.jpe  
Old 10-15-2010, 07:33 PM
Power Poster

Mine is a beautiful rainbow that appeared after a horrible storm. We were on vacation in a 5th wheel and I thought we were going to tip over. It was so good to see that wonderful rainbow
Old 10-15-2010, 08:23 PM

My picture is one of our miniature water lilies. We have several ponds and many different color lilies. Some miniature and some full size. They are all beautiful and bloom from spring into fall.
Old 10-15-2010, 08:32 PM

my atavar is me in amigurumi ...... if i could make glasses it would look more like me. my younger son says it does look like me, a little!
Old 10-15-2010, 08:44 PM

This is 2Z, one of three cats that own me. He is, however, the only one that sleeps in elegant contortions. He got his name from having his brother, Bear, with us for too-short a span. As kittens, they were Bear1 and Bear2 (I promised myself I wouldn't keep them, just temporary names.) So much for being able to resist cute kitten faces! Onsie and Twosie became nicknames. 2Z became the official spelling when we went to the vet for the first time. He's one of my official fabric-as-a-nap-space inspectors.
Old 10-16-2010, 01:27 AM

Mine is my manx cat named Raku, he not only thinks he is a human he also thinks he is a quilter. He loves gold thread and had to have his stomach pumped at the vets when he managed to eat a whole pile. Nothing but the best for my little guy! Silver just does not do it for him......
Old 10-16-2010, 02:45 AM

My avatar is Bess (or Miss Bess, depending on her mood for the day), a German ShortHair Pointer and Black Lab (aka Pointer/Lab). Bess will be 8 on January 3! She is sitting on a quilt that I made for our neighbor's new baby. Bess loves to lay on the quilt when I am sewing down the binding, so it became part of the quilting process to take a picture of her on every quilt that I have made.

My name is Edie so that is the avatar name that I have. If I used any other name, I would probably forget it and this is just so much easier!

These are wonderful little stories. Edie
Old 10-16-2010, 02:47 AM
Banned

Just me...this was taken about a year ago. Still look the same, except now my hair now has a few more "natural highlights"! and a few boughten ones :)
Old 10-16-2010, 04:25 AM

I don't know how to post a picture yet, but my dearest animal friend is what I will put up when I know how to. He is my Tennessee Walker guelding, Woodstock Applejack (Jacky). He has been with me for almost 24 years and have known him all his life.
When I finally bought him, he was eight and so well trained that he fit right in with my love of side-saddle riding. I sewed period costumes and saddle blankets for showing and parading. He is now almost 32 but still looks great! We don't ride much any more, but we are still great companions and both geriatrics!