Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What notions are on your wish list? >

What notions are on your wish list?

What notions are on your wish list?

Old 10-28-2010, 05:03 PM

I just finished a small house, it's just me and my golden retrievers. I was so excited to finally have a sewing room!! Then...I moved in, wow, do I really have THAT much stuff???? VERY crowded! Santa would laugh at me!!
Old 10-28-2010, 06:39 PM

Go through Amazon.com and order along with a few more notions - run it up to $25. and there won't be any shipping fees.
I was talking with a friend today and she wanted to give me a fancy jewelry box for Christmas - I told her not to waste her money - instead buy me a few notions for quilting!

Bobbin Holder
Bobbin winder
cutting mats
rotary blades
rotary cutter
thread

the list goes on and on as we all know!
Old 10-28-2010, 06:50 PM

I want a treadle sewing machine for Christmas! That way, I can exercise & have fun at the same time!!(I actually know a fellow quilter who is a sewing machine collector-her machines are great)
Old 10-28-2010, 06:53 PM

I just got one of my "wants" a new Janome Horizen. But I plan to go to the quilt show and I may buy Alto's Quilt Cut System (I think that is the name). If I decide not to get that I would want some more Olfa frosted rulers, I do not like my Omnigrid yellow rulers. Oh, I want a consistent scant 1/4" seam. I think my new machine may help with that.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:08 PM

I want "The Farmer's Wife" book & every color of Connecting Threads thread. I haven't added up the cost, but it's wonderful thread and worth every penny. A single spool costs $2.49 for 1200 yards of almost lint-free 100% long-staple thread. It's less per spool if you buy it by the set. I also want every color of their cone thread - $9.99 for 5000 yards on a cone. OK, it's a lot of money, but will last a long time. Didn't get anything last year as DH didn't have a job - now he is sitting on 2 job offers - go figure.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by galvestonangel
I just got one of my "wants" a new Janome Horizen. But I plan to go to the quilt show and I may buy Alto's Quilt Cut System (I think that is the name). If I decide not to get that I would want some more Olfa frosted rulers, I do not like my Omnigrid yellow rulers. Oh, I want a consistent scant 1/4" seam. I think my new machine may help with that.
Is the quilt show - Houston? Lucky you. I have been to Market/Festival in the spring of either 88 or 89 in Chicago. Loved every day of it. Enjoy.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:33 PM

quilts with convicts---I was born in Hobbs and went to school there till 8th grade. Where do you live there? Just street name.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:06 PM

I just order a scalloped edge template.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:47 PM

I have a really big lazy susan I got for free, I would like to have a really big round mat for it and oh,yea some place to put it that I don't have to move it all the time,
Old 10-28-2010, 10:00 PM

Izaquilter, I went to sewline.com and all they sold was sewing and embroider machine. I must have the wrong website. Can you help please?